ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

''𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦''

It was a beautiful summer evening. Kids laughter was heard around the area. Nice banter, food already falling onto the ground. They silently sat on a bench by themselves, watching kids walk by. Maybe they could take this chance to meet someone new. Or.. take this as a sign to move on from him.

But how could they? He was so perfect in their eyes. From his gorgeous amber eyes to the smile they always saw when he looked at them. They suddenly gave a sudden smile.

'I'm special.' They thought to themselves.

He was never seen smiling at anyone else. Then again he didn't have any friends aside from them and their nice teacher. But he hardly smiled at their teacher! So that did mean they were special! The smell of freshly done tacos filled their doll-like nose.

'I wonder if he's eaten today.'

They got up and proceeded to stand in line for the taco truck. Their parents had given them money for the night, telling them they could buy anything they wanted. How unfortunate. Their mother and father seemed like good people but when they thought of their parents, a sour look was placed onto their pretty face.

"What can I get you, honey?" The woman at the cashier asked with a delicate smile.

'Should I get some for Mr. Spider as well?'

He wasn't an actual spider. They gave him the nickname because he reminded them of a spider. Someone who looks scary and can be very protective of their own but is over all really caring and nice if you know how to treat them.

"I'd like six tacos and three sodas, please." They replied.

"Coming right up. That'll be $15.50." The woman pressed onto the screen in front of her before turning to the child again.

They reached into their small bag and pulled out a $20, setting it in front of the woman. They gave a subtle smile before turning to their right where the gate to the school was.

'I hope he has arrived.'

The woman held out her hand holding their change which they took along with the receipt.

'Maybe I should get some donuts. I think I saw a bekko candy stall as well.'

Before they could walk off, somebody bumped into them, making them tip a bit resulting into the person holding them.

"Haha! Didn't see you there, I was looking for my brother. There there," He pat their head, "I was told I need to be gentle with people, sorry for bumping into you."

"It's alright, I suppose." They shyly kept their eyes away from the boy's gaze.

They honestly weren't used to affection from anyone other than him and their teacher. And this boy acted so causal about it too.

"How cute, your cheeks turned a bit pink." The boy gave a small laugh before letting go.

'Yes, out of embarrassment. Take your hands off before I bite them.'

"I have to get going. My brother is probably looking for me. You're very cute, I hope I see you again." Footsteps were heard running off into a different direction.

They finally looked up and sighed. It felt so awkward honestly, and they didn't even look into the boy's eyes the entire time. The woman from earlier held a bag from out the truck's window, calling over the now flustered angel.

"Here you go, I added some extras for the tacos. Enjoy your evening, sweetie." The woman smiled once more before disappearing into the truck.

"Thank you. Have a pleasant evening as well."