Chapter Two: A New Constant Reminder

''𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘳. 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮''

'How unfortunate. The sun looks so pretty in the morning. It would've been nice to watch it with Berry. I suppose we could watch the sunset.'

The school hallways were entirely empty. No one had arrived at school yet. Except for all of the apparitions of course.

"I am not the only traveler... who has not repaid their debt."

It was such a calming voice. So beautiful, so pure. And it was heard throughout the entire hallway.

"I've been searching for a trail to follow again."

'Huh?' He looked up from his book upon hearing the soft voice.

'Oh, I see. Willow Cupid is awake.' He softly sighed before getting up.

This had become a common thing for Y/n to do in the morning before Aoi had arrived. All of the other apparitions would hear their soft singing and see their transparent figure floating down the hall. Their face was always darkened, so the apparitions who tried to sneak a peak at their adoring face would never see anything passed their soft smile.

He went over to the library door, watching Willow Cupid float across the hallway, singing their heart out.

"Take me back, to the night we met." Their voice faded softly at the end.

A single tear went down their soft cheek.

He shook his head softly before walking back to his desk, 'They remind me of someone. But.. that was a long time ago.'

He opened the compartment to his desk, pulling out a picture he hadn't looked at in forever. It was a picture in the garden. Two kids sat on each end, showing off their planted flowers. The one adult was proudly in the middle of them. Their smiles were so bright.

'What I would do to see you guys together again, Amane and Y/n.'

~♫♫♫~

"Boo!" Y/n floated over Aoi.

"AH!" Aoi let out a frightened gasp.

Yashiro turned towards her with an eyebrow raised, "Is everything okay, Ao-chan? You've seemed a bit tense lately."

Aoi looked over, "Everything is fine, Nene-chan. Just forgot... a pencil is all." She quickly came up with an excuse.

"Oh alright! You could've asked for one. Here you go." Yashiro happily handed her an extra.

"Thank you."

Aoi laid her head onto her desk, seeming to be avoiding the obvious ghost above her.

"Aoi-chan, give me attention." Y/n whined, laying themself on Aoi's head.

"Oh, sorry Y/n! It seems I did forget my pencil." Aoi replied in a whisper while sighing, lifting her head up.

"Yashiro just gave you that one though, why not use it?" Y/n titled their head confused.

"It was the pencil you gave me! It's special to me." She whined.

Light blush formed on their face, making them a bit flustered.

"I-I'm sure you'll find it later." They stuttered.

Aoi eyes widened and she turned towards them, "Do you think the Mokke took it? The pink bunnies you're always talking about."