Chapter Three: Befriending An Exorcist

''𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨.. 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴''

Y/n turned to their left, shame filling their eyes.

"But I've asked for forgiveness," They turned towards their bandaged left/right arm, playing with it for a bit but stopping once they saw blood start to seep through again. Teru refused to meet their eyes, he felt pity even though he was told growing up that he should never feel bad for an apparition, "And god told me that if I could fulfill this role... my sins would be absolved."

They turned towards Teru once more, getting into their battle position while holding their large scissors.

"Which means I can't let myself get exorcised today."

"Sorry." They taunted in a flirty tone, making Teru turn towards them in a flustered state.

'Their face has been darkened this entire time. Why don't they want me to see their face so badly?' Teru questioned in his head as he got into position as well.

Aoi stood standing, the shock of the news still ringing in her ears. Hearing that they had actually killed someone else would have been better than the actual reason behind the scissors. Tears began to roll down her soft cheeks.

'Who hurt you this badly..' She asked herself, trying to wipe her tears.

Teru took the first move, charging towards Y/n again before trying to kick them. They dodged it with ease, avoiding each punch sent their way.

He growled, clearly tired of this, "Stop making this hard, damnit." He swung his sword, heating a pillar on the roof, causing it to crack.

Y/n grabbed onto the sword's handle, making their hand come into contact with Teru's, resulting in him being flushed once more, "Why do you choose to carry a large sword around? You're a teenager, correct? Haven't you gotten hurt?"

'Are they insinuating that I'm a bad exorcist?' He swung once more, this time he managed to get their cape caught onto the wall with his sword.

He chuckled, getting closer, "Maybe this time you'll learn."

Y/n smirked, he clearly thought he had the upper hand. Oh how naive and cocky exorcists always were.

"Is it that hard to believe no one wants you around?"

Their eyes widened at that. Teru felt ashamed upon noticing the flinch that came from Y/n as a response. Aoi finally looked up upon hearing the insult as well. She angrily balled her firsts up before starting to charge at Teru.

'I can't believe Nene-chan likes that guy.'

Before Aoi could attack him, a force seemed to stop her, making her look up in shock as she watched Y/n disappear from his grip, causing the pair's eyes to widen. They silently pulled their hood back down from behind Teru before tapping his shoulder.

"You little!" He reached for a punch only to have Y/n duck once more.

"You exorcists are always so cocky. Well guess what."

They jumped into the air before swinging their scissors, causing them to tear a hole into Teru's shirt while creating a cut that started bleeding a bit.

"You aren't shit."

Before they could land, he grabbed their leg, forcing them down. He caged them in with his own legs in a somewhat straddling position. Y/n flinched once more as he raised his sword, ready to finally get rid of this "annoying" apparition.