Really?

Abby’s POV

I wake up early and quietly pack my bag and make sure Spezza’s bag is in one piece. Tyler brought it over last night while I was gone I guess. I get the clothes I want to wear today and go to the bathroom and lock the door and take a quick shower. I get dressed and walk back into the room and wake Spezza up. “Get up Jason, time to go home and get you fixed up.” I say as I gently rock his other shoulder. “Morning Abby.” “I will be right back. I put out some clothes for you so get dressed. If a boy is up I will send them to help you. I am going to grab us both something to eat so you can take your pain killers.” I say as I walk out of the room and see Tyler is out of his room. “Hey Ty, go help Spezza get dressed. I need to get us food.” I say as I pass by him. “Okay. Can I have your card? Just knock when you get back.” He says and I hand him my card.

I get done into the breakfast room and see a few players just lounging and talking. “Morning Val, Kari, Antoine. Hopefully you guys are ready for your trip tonight. I need to get this food and head back upstairs. Text you guys later.” I say as I grab some food and head upstairs. I knock on the door and Tyler lets me in. “He is dressed and bag is fully packed. I can aid you guys to the airport if need be and then head back here for my flight later. You will need help, so I am coming. I will carry his bags.” Tyler says and heads back to his room to change. “Alright. Here Jason, eat this then take the painkillers.” I say as I hand him his food. “Thanks Abby. Jamie is lucky to have you. If he fucks up I will kick his ass. No one hurts Abby. You are like a little sister to this whole team now. Ok, let’s eat so this pain can go away.” Spezza says and we eat. Tyler walks back into the room with his signature black jeans and his Dallas t-shirt showing off his tattoo sleeves and his dallas snapback. “Alright, you guys ready?” He says with his smile. “No, patience young grasshopper.” Spezza says as I laugh. “Let me take the pills and get up, then we can go.” Spezza takes his pill and I slowly help him get up without injuring his shoulder.

We head downstairs as I am holding my bags and Tyler is holding Spezza’s. I quickly call Mattie. “Hey Mattie.” I say as she answers. “Hey Abby, what’s up?” “Can you pick Spezza and I up at the airport at about 2? We will be landing then. He needs to get some tests done.” I say as we get on the team bus that is taking us to the airport and then Tyler back to the hotel. “Yeah, sure. Just let me know when you land and I will pull up the the claim.” She says as we both end the call after saying bye. “Okay, we have a ride when we land, Spez.” I say thinking about how often Spezza has not played this season, poor guy. “It sucks I got hurt. Why can’t I just play hockey and not get hurt. There is always something wrong with me. Whether it be sick or injured. I can’t play. I feel like Beau Bennett right now.” He says looking down. “Dude, you are fine. They will fix you up and you will play again. Believe me.” Tyler says as Spezza lifts his head and looks into Tyler’s eyes. “I am done for the season Tyler. Both Regular and Playoffs. You just don’t rebound from a shoulder injury right into playing hockey again. I am not playing until next season.” He says back at Tyler.

We arrive at the airport and Tyler helps us get Spezza’s bags to the counter and checked in. “Bye Ty, tell the boys good luck for me. Win it for Spez.” I say as I give Tyler a hug. “Will do Abs. Keep my boy safe, ok. Tell Zoe I love her as well.” He says and walks over to Spez to tell him something. We depart and head to our gate. “This sucks. I wish I was still at the hotel with the boys packing up to go to Nashville. Not in the airport heading back to Dallas.” Spezza says as we sit by our gate to wait for our flight. “It is okay, Spez. It may suck, but you are going back to become 100%. If you played with a hurt shoulder, you could potentially affect your whole career. I would rather have a healthy Spezza than an unhappy one sitting on a couch watching a game he used to play and love.” I say, looking at him reassuringly. “You are right.” He says and we board the plane.