First Down, Dallas

Abby’s POV

Today was the day of the Cowboys vs. Bears game and I was super excited to go. I decided to not wear my bears jersey for this game but I do wear a beanie for them, can’t abandon the team I have cheered for, for a while now. I also wear the jersey Mattie got me for my birthday. I am not that big into football, but I have been watching this season so far when I can and the Cowboys have been good and the Bears are half and half like always. The game was at 3:25 and the boys had a practice this morning because they have a game tomorrow. I got out of going today, late birthday gift from Coach Ruff. I decided it was time to get out of bed at about 10 and make myself some eggs. After breakfast, I took a shower and got ready for the day. By the time I was done, it was close to noon and the boys should be home any minute now.

“I am hooommmmmeeeeee!” Tyler yells. “Thanks Ty. Jamie here yet?” I yell down the stairs, trying to find my favorite pair of converse. “Have you seen my converse as well?” I yell right after he says no to Jamie being here. “They are in the basement. You wore them the last time you went out with the girls and crashed downstairs.” He says as he walks past my door. “Thanks Ty. Tell Zoe I say hi because I know you will be with her tonight.” I say as I make my way to the basement. I hear a knock on the door and the door open. Why knock? “I’m here, Abs. Ready to go? I thought we could go get some lunch first.” Jamie says as he walks in. “Yeah, let me get my shoes downstairs and we can go.” I find my shoes and put them on. I walk up the stairs and kiss Jamie. “Get a room.” Tyler says as he walks out of his room and sees us. “Bye, Ty.” Jamie and I say as we walk hand in hand to his car. Time to go to lunch. “Can we get pizza for lunch? I am in a pizza mood.” I say as we pull out of the driveway. “Sure thing Babe. I know a very good place that just opened.” He says as he makes his way out of the subdivision.

We get to the restaurant and get out of the car. We already decided what kind of pizza we wanted in the car and order as soon as we sit down. “This pizza better be good, Benn.” I say as his hand reaches across the table and I draw designs on his palm. “It is very good. Tyler loves this pizza, so you know it is good when Tyler loves it.” Jamie says looking down at our hands as I continue to draw. “So are you excited for the game today, Babe?” He asks. “I am beyond excited and get to see it with my handsome boyfriend. Thank you again, so much! Antti and Corey are jealous I get to see a game this year.” I say as I just hold his hand now and look into his brown eyes. He laughs, “I am glad they are jealous, now don’t run off with a football player.” “Sorry, I only date hockey players, and I hear the Dallas Stars Captain is handsome and very funny and adorable. Maybe I should hook up with him, know him by any chance?” I ask with a smile. “Yeah, but he is taken by the sweetest and cutest girl in the Dallas area. Guess you are stuck with me, eh?” Jamie asks, adding a little canadian accent. “Damn, but you are handsome, I guess you will have to do.” I say. He leans over the table and I lean as well and kiss him, still feeling those sparks fly.

Our pizza arrives and we dig in. We just small talk and talk about the game tonight and the Stars game tomorrow against the LA Kings. I can’t wait for the game against the Kings tomorrow. They are the defending Stanley Cup champions and we want to dethrone the Kings. We finish eating and we pay and head to the car and to the stadium for the game. I can’t believe I get to meet the Cowboys and a few Bear players, I am beyond excited. “Calm down sweetheart.” Jamie says to me as he takes my hand in his while he drives. “I just can’t wait! I want to meet Romo and Jay Cutler and Matt Forte and….” I say searching for more people on both teams. “We will meet them Abs, don’t worry baby girl.” Jamie says as I can see the stadium in the near distance.