Prologue

You don't deserve to be here. You are not worthy of being a mother, he mocked her. That was it....Those words were the last straw. It was the end of her patience.

Still holding him, I said,  "How dare you say this to me? Do you even have an ounce of shame left? How was I responsible for this? My daughter was safe with me before you entered back in our lives

Still holding him, I said,  "How dare you say this to me? Do you even have an ounce of shame left? How was I responsible for this? My daughter was safe with me before you entered back in our lives. For seven long years, I made sure she was protected from evil. And then you came back. After all the humiliation I faced, I still let you back in my life, my daughter's life. I thought you would trust us, trust me and protect us but you never changed. Still a puppet. You haven't learned and grown an ounce Mr. Abhishek Prem Mehra. You are the only reason my Kishmish is not with me. I don't trust you anymore, neither with mine nor my daughters' life. I hope you rot in hell."

 I take my infant daughters with me and turn to leave with them. I can't stay in that place with that man. My daughters will never be safe with him. He just looks on as I leave with the girls to an uncertain but a safer future.

Every single day for the last twenty-four years, she has been thinking and reminiscing that fateful day. She tries to think of ways she could have countered him, things she could have said to him and how she could have had her family with her safe and away from that man.

She goes back to sleep thinking how life has turned around for her. She is happy, but is she?