Sad Eyes

To the man who never fails to captivate my eyes,

You have the happiest smile and laugh I've ever seen. Those smiles that appear when you're with the people who matters to you. Your eyes mirrored nothing but happiness and contentment. Yes, you looked happy to me.

Not when I saw you there, alone. Passing by me while I'm alone, too. That's why I had the chance to look straight into your eyes. And you did the same as we're both walking past each other.

I feel like, you're not just looking in my eyes, but you're looking through it. You look at me like you were trying to look for something important, a significant part of you, that you can only probably find in the deepest depths of my soul, in that fast and short moment.

It surprised me, yes. It was the first time I felt like someone have looked right through me, right through every part of me. It was the first time someone looked at me as if he literally lived inside my soul, and he's finding how to get back.

But what surprised me more is your dark eyes that were reflecting so much sadness. Like it cannot be contained in your heart that's why it just continuously flowed invisibly visible in your eyes.

As if that happiness that I always see in you were just a part of your mask to cover up what you really feel. And I am the only one you feel safe to trust in to whatever that is that's making you feel heavy inside.

It's just that, when people fall in love, we have no chance to stop. But with you, I didn't know how I fell, or when, or did I fell? I didn't know I liked you. I'm just looking for your presence, that's all. And I didn't know I was liking you at the same time.

And yeah, like I said, Iknow I did not like you at first, and I didn't know I've been liking you, notuntil I saw that sadness you have.