Longing Eyes

To the man with the saddest pair of eyes I've ever seen,

I ignored it. I tried to.

I keep on persuading myself that it's nothing. Maybe I'm wrong in understanding your eyes. Maybe you can't really see me through but instead, you're looking at something directly in my back, and I'm just a bother to your vision.

Maybe it's just the way you look at everyone. And maybe, you can look at someone's eyes not the way you look at mine, but way deeper. More intense.

But no, something inside me wants to believe. To hope. And that little part of me can shut every other part of me up. It just ignores everything and anything and just want to think of what it wants to think until I can't resist anymore, and instead of me, persuading myself, it always ended up myself, winning over me. No matter how many times I tried to, it keeps on reigning over and over again.

It hurts, yes. Thinking that I might be wrong in the end. But my inner self wants to be happy. Even if it's just a make-believe. Even if it's just temporary. Even if it will just hurt me in the end.

But your eyes, looking as intensely as I've seen it before, looked longingly into my eyes. In that horrifying distance, I never thought someone could look at me with that electrifying gaze like you do. And it keeps on making me feel to want to look at you more. It's drawing me in to keep on staring at the beauty of your eyes, look back at it the same way you do. Or maybe much more extreme if I can. I feel like I was an opposite pole, who keeps on getting attracted to your magnetic field.

But then again, I didn't. I fought the urge to. Why? Because I'm afraid. I'm afraid that you'll notice. Because I might be wrong.

Again, what if you are notlooking directly at me but to someone next to me? What if I'm just assumingthings that are more possible to be impossible?