Avoiding Eyes

'Till the next eclipse of our eyes,

I thought the previous one was the last entry I could write in here. But here I am, after a few years. Even though I could hardly remember the details as much as I do during that moment, or a day after that.

It happened a few years ago, but then I just read and remembered about these entries recently.

Months after the short glimpse, it was time to say good bye. To my home, and of course, to you. I know we would hardly see each other after all these, no more glances to my favorite eyes. It was a dance to remember, for an introduction to an unforgettable night. But then I felt like I was rewarded of gold and shiny things, when you chose me and held my hand. I strive not to make a single mistake, or let out a suspicious smile. We had small talks that I could not even remember now.

I could not look straight ahead. My cheeks are flushed red because of the heat, and the loud thumping of my heart because of the dance and because of you. I feel afraid whenever your eyes land on me. It was a feeling more intense than standing in front of a crowd.

And then the dreaded day has come. Where it will be the last dance with you. I remember feeling sad and giddy.

But then it was all amemory now. This is a goodbye to those enticing eyes.

love,

r