How it started

Frisk did it! They broke the barrier, and monsters can now live in the surface!

Sans wasn't so fond of the idea since he knows the surface by the back of his hand as Papyrus is dragging him everywhere that he finds fascinating about the humans' home.

The trees, the sun, the flowers. Papyrus wants to see them all, while Sans has seen them all before many times.

He wasn't fazed by it, but he smiled for his brother's sake. If Papyrus is happy, Sans is happy. 

Everyone is happy.

They managed to buy a house for Papyrus and Sans' friends.

Toriel, Undyne, Alphys, Asgore, Mettaton, everyone single one of their friends.

Sans really don't see them as friends though, but this is for Papyrus.

Yeah, Toriel is Sans' friend, but because of the RESETs, he really sees her less than a friend.

But he didn't want his brother to be upset about the fact that his older brother don't believe in friendship anymore.

So he just... smiled and laugh the pain away.

For everyone's happiness.

Sans couldn't sleep. He was waiting very patiently for another RESET to happen.

Almost a month has passed and... no RESET.

This is new, Sans thought.

Frisk would've RESET by now...

What are they thinking?

"Sans? Can I talk with you for a moment?"

Frisk looked up to Sans who is drinking coffee looking like he just woke up by an annoying alarm clock at midnight.

He was giving the death glare.

Frisk gave back a sad expression.

Sans took a big sip of his coffee still making eye contact with Frisk.

You think this was a good idea? Chara asked Frisk, hiding behind them even though Chara is invisible, but Sans can still see them. 

*Shadow monster ability #1: they can see ghosts, phantoms, demons, angels, anything that is invisible to anything/anyone else*

Sans then put the mug in the sink as he was done with his coffee.

"Sure, shoot what ya got," Sans said, still giving the death glare with a wide smile.

He looked like as if he put a spider or a lego in someone's shoe.

"It's about... the RESET button..."

Sans crossed his arms. "What about the RESET button?"

"It... I couldn't..."

Frisk was growing nervous from looking at Sans growing more angry the each second that passed.

"S P I L L  I T"

Gulp

"The RESET button broke" Frisk said in the quietest tone ever.

"It WHAT?"

There was a floating table behind Frisk and Chara, ready to smash them.

"It broke. I don't know how or why but it broke as soon as I checked it after breaking the barrier. It was in pieces. It wasn't broken before, I swear it wasn't."