Where's Sans?

Sans is back in his cell after making a grand discovery that maggots were living in the carrot he bit into.

That piece of carrot did not really help with his hunger, so he just spent the rest of his day in his cell with his stomach just killing him.

He sat in a corner beside the bed he barely sleeps in.

He sat there thinking about what would his friends be doing at home.

UnderTale

After Sans' disappearance

Papyrus woke up early.

He got dressed, fixed up his bed and room a bit, and went to Sans' room to check on him before making breakfast with Undyne.

He walked up to Sans' door and carefully and quietly opened the door.

Sans wasn't there.

That's odd, Papyrus thought.

Maybe he slept outside at the park without realizing. He did say last night he was going to go for a walk for a bit.

Papyrus rushed outside and went to the park where Sans promised he would be walking.

As he arrived, there was humans and monsters surrounding the entrance of the park.

What happened here? 

Papyrus was growing worried.

He went closer, trying to get a better glimpse of what is going on.

Thank heavens he's tall.

"Hey, Papyrus," He heard Undyne call for him.

He looked to his right where he heard her and sees Undyne and Alphys.

"HELLO, UNDYNE! HELLO, ALPHYS!" Papyrus greeted the girls with a big smile.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" He then asked.

"No idea, everyone in the c-city is just here," Alphys said as Undyne shrugged her shoulders.

"From what I've been hearing from the crowd is that something happened at the park but I really don't know," Undyne explained.

"Where's Sans? He's usually always with you," Alphys asked confused that the smaller skeleton is not with Papyrus.

"NO IDEA... HE WASN'T IN HIS ROOM WHEN I WENT TO CHECK ON HIM," Papyrus responded also confused on why Sans is not here at the moment.

Undyne looked into the crowd and gasped.

"Um... Papyrus... You're not going to like what the park rangers have found..." Undyne said with a concerned expression.

Papyrus looked at where Undyne was looking at and saw a park ranger lady with a torn up jacket in her hands.

Papyrus burst into the crowd to get a closer look at the jacket.

"Is this yours, sir?" The ranger asked giving Papyrus the jacket.

It was covered with dirt and grass.

Sans always keeps gloves and ketchup packets in his pockets, Papyrus thought.

He checked the pockets to find anything related to what his brother would usually carry.

But instead he found a phone with a cracked screen.

Papyrus pulled one of his own gloves off and tested to see if it still works.

It turned on and he sees a photo of Sans and Alphys as the lock screen.

"That's Sans' phone," Alphys sayed behind Papyrus.

Papyrus looked back at the lizard and back at the phone.

He then stared at the jacket trying to hold back tears.

His brother... How? Why?

The ranger lady kneeled down.

She quietly spoke. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Papyrus didn't say anything back, he just hold the jacket tightly in his arms.

His SOUL was pounding.

Brother...