12

You were bent over a potato plant, pulling the weeds around it. Techno had taught you how to tend to a potato plant properly. It surprised you how much he cared for these little plants.

"So Tommy told Will and I about how you got here." Techno called from a few rows away, not looking up from the plant in front of him.

You paused, pulling another weed from near the stalk of the plant. "Oh?"

"I thought he made it up at first, but after thinking about it, it makes sense." He continued.

You didn't answer him, merely humming in response. He didn't push he subject after that. You just kept minding the garden in a comfortable silence.

And so it went. You hadn't meant to, but you had spent the whole day in that garden with Techno, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. By the time you left the room, you and Techno had formed a bond. Who knew something as small as helping out with farming could bring people together.

You were starting to feel at home here. You had gotten to know the people surrounding you, and admit it or not, they had grown on you. Even Tommy, who was so hellbent on keeping you away was like a little brother to you.

Of course you couldn't forget about your friends back home. Ember and Bennett had been your friends from the start. They were the closest thing you had to family, despite the quirks of their own. Whether it be Bennett, who loved acting so much that he often hid behind a character's personality, or Ember, who would disappear at odd times for days on end, you loved and missed them.

You found yourself torn over whether or not you would even go back if you found a way. You couldn't help but think that even when you didn't want to let them get to close, they always found a way to crawl into your heart.

You and Techno rounded the corner of the room, entering the main cavern, each carrying a few bags of potatoes. Sitting at the table was Tubbo and Tommy, although they were no longer alone. Wilbur was leaning on the edge of the table, while Dream stood in the shadows a few feet away.

"Then you decide for me. If you say the words, I'll do it." Wilbur said, looking at Tubbo. You could see Dream clench his fist in the shadows.

You followed Techno, matching his strides into the room before laying the bags on the table. Dream pushed away from the walls, but not moving closer to the group.

"While you idiots are sitting here, writing silly little speeches and gardening, Schlatt is coming up with ways to undermine you." Dream snarled. "We're leaving." He pointed a long, slender finger at Tubbo.

Tubbo sighed, Tommy giving him a sympathetic look, before he quietly followed Dream outside.