Picking and Choosing

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty gross. I had turned myself over in my sleep and my stomach lay flat on my bed. My makeup was smeared all over my pillow and I threw it on the floor away from me as soon as I saw it. There was nothing I hated more than going to sleep with my makeup still on, it was a mistake I never made. Until last night...I blame Gino texting me and interrupting my usual night time routine for that. Even though I felt dirty and tired I didn't wanna get up. Cause if I got up then I'd have to get ready. And in three hours I had dance, something I really wasn't looking forward to. But I knew, I just knew that in less than a minute my mom would be in my room opening my blinds begging me to get up. So before she could come in and yell at me for looking like a mess I got up myself in one painstaking effort. Somehow I had fallen asleep with my hair in a high pony tail that was now very squished and lopsided. It took all my might to rip my hair loose of the tie. My hair slowly swooped out of the tightness it had been strangling under and lay flat around my back and shoulders. I run my fingers through it in one quick stroke and then finally actually got up and out of my bed.

After a long shower I felt refreshed and new again. All morning I had managed to give zero thought to the multitude of problems I had. Even in the shower, my second most "think about life" space. I dried my hair and straightened it then finally placed it in a sloppy bun/pony tail thing. I had an hour and a half left til dance. Of course I didn't spend my hour wisely. Instead I just sat in my room for an hour. Just sitting and breathing. I hadn't even turned my phone on since last night. As I got in the car I held the lock screen button on my phone down, waiting for it to turn on. There was a half hour left which was plenty of time to get to the studio. I glanced down at my phone screen and saw there was a message notification. I clicked on my seatbelt then swiped my phone dabbing in the digits for my code. It opened on my messages with Kendall: "Hey where are you I'm the first one here!!"

"I'm coming rn" I answered.

"Well hurryyyy we've got news"

"Just tell me now" I wasn't mentally prepared to be bombarded with a surprise as soon as I arrived so it was better if she just tell me now.

After a few seconds she wrote back.

"Abby is picking who gets the part in the duet today...goood luck;)"

To be continued...