𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4

I was scared shitless as I laid down on on a stretcher and a healer healed me

_______________________________________
"Start the sail", A Grisha yelled to another who was standing on the top of the ship. The Grisha connected her hands and summoned the wind which resulted in the ship starting to sail.

I was standing on the deck of the ship. When it entered the Fold, a thunder kind of sound erupted from within it causing shivers down my spines.

"If I die here, no one's going to know", I thought.

Inside the Fold, it was almost like nothing at all, like darkness consumed you. I couldn't see anything other than darkness. It was gut-wrenching to think of how many people died inside it.

An attempt was made to destroy it about 20 years ago when the Darkling, a descendent of the Black Heretic who created the Fold, along with Sankta Alina, a Sun Summoner went inside in order to destroy it.

That never happened and Sankta Alina, along with her childhood lover Malyen Oretsev who was a First Army soldier, like me.

I was so consumed by my thoughts that I didn't hear the commotion and the screams of people when the Volcra attacked our ship. I ducked in order to get to a corner.

The Inferni were using their fire to get the Volcra away from the ship but it wasn't working. There were just too many of them. I was flabbergasted. I didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder, only then realizing a Volcra had gripped my shoulders. At that moment, a loud scream erupted through me, as well as a feeling I didn't know.

It felt like something wanted to burst out of me. And I was so light headed that I let it. Goosebumps erupted throughout my body and a grip like sensation shot out of me.

It felt like a bond forming between me and all the Volcra because just as I screamed and that feeling shot out of me, all of the Volcra became still. Not a single one moving.

I looked around to see everyone staring at me, their faces pale. And then and there I fainted.
_______________________________________

I wish my stupid self hadn't fainted back there because everyone standing near me were gawking at me as if I was an exquisite animal in a zoo and I didn't know the reason.

"Will you hurry up? The General wants to see her soon", a woman dressed in a blue kefta ushered to the healer healing me.

She quickened her pace and soon I was standing on my feet waiting to meet General Kirigan, the General of the Second Army.

The tent was different than most of the ones I had seen. It was black from the outside and the inside wasnt much calming.

Maybe it was because of so many people staring at me that I started feeling quite uneasy. 

Krovopiytsas were people with the ability to make people do what they wanted. They were considered a threat to humankind hence they were killed many centuries ago.

My nerves were getting the best of me by now and I was rocking back and forth until I heard a deep voice that sent goosebumps down my spine.

"Where are they?" a voice asked.

"She's there General", a female voice replied.

General.

Oh shit.
_______________________________________

HELLO READERS.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS.
I'LL BE VERY HAPPY TO INCLUDE YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN THIS STORY.
THANK YOU FOR READING AND A VOTE AND COMMENT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.