Chapter 2

Usually I would have thanked her and been grateful but I knew it was just an act. I forced a smile on my face and said, "thank you dear sister but im alright." I said calmly as the maids brought me proper food. My sister stared at me, of course she did. I would have usually started crying by now. I looked at my mother and said, "mother, I just wanted to share some proper food with my family.." I put on a pitiful face,I didn't want them to know ive changed yet. My brother Ronald set his fork down. "Linnett!" he yelled. I looked at him disgusted and coldly, the way he says my name disgusts me. I used to want him to care for me like he does for Adela, but now they can have each other. I don't want either of them. "Brother," I leaned over and whispered, "how's the medicine from overseas helping you?" I sat back and smiled at him, he looked at me shocked and nervous. Thanks to my previous life I know he's been taking medicine from overseas every night to help boost his sword skills. He doesn't want anyone finding out. He stayed quiet for the rest of the time. "Enough. Just eat." My Father said coldly. I flinched a bit at how coldly he speaks, of course I would . He is a cruel and heartless man who isn't fit to be a father. He'll do anything for more power. What I need to successfully live well is to have someone more powerful than him on my side. And I Knew who. I quietly and elegantly ate my food before standing up, "I have finished my food and wish to be excused." I curtsied a bit, "You know not to get up until your older brother and sister are done." my mother said scornfully. " I have much to do today so I must leave the table earlier." I walked out of the dining room and up the stairs to my step sister's room and opened her closet, I looked around "where is it.." I moved the clothes on the hangers aside and took out a round box beautifully wrapped in velvet lace and opened it, "here it is my dear sister's favorite dress, the one given to her at her birthday by the grand duke's son himself." I looked at it, it was a beautiful white dress with pink jewels and flowers. It was beautiful, last time I didn't know she had this dress since they locked me in the attic when the crown prince came. I knew for fact that the duke's son was going to come today for tea, my father of course was trying to kiss up to the grand duke's son who will be the future Grand Duke and maybe even get Adela engaged to him, but i'll make sure that doesn't happen, and most importantly i'll make sure I don't meet his brother..the man who killed me in my past life. I get chills just remembering it. But first I'll deal with Adela. I turned the dress on to its back and loosened the stitching that connects the dress together on the back. I put the dress away neatly and closed the box. "Now to wait for a show." I quietly stood up and walked to the attic and sat on the bed. "This will only be a small portion of the payback I give them.."