Chapter 22 - Winter's Promise

Dipper felt a pair of arms shaking him awake. He sat up abruptly stuttering," Wha-Whats wrong?!?" Mabel sat back laughing till Dipper frowned. She kissed him on the cheek. "Merry Christmas Dip-Dop," she said kindly her face radiating joy and happiness. Dipper cheered up instantly. "Merry Christmas Mabel," he said sitting up. Dipper hugged her. Then she made a funny face. Dipper looked at her questioningly, "What?" Mabel smirked now. "You might want to put a shirt on unless you want a certain blonde girlfriend to see all your chest hair." It was Dipper's turn to blush red now. "Um...Thanks, Mabel," he said as he threw on his shirt before heading for the bathroom to do his morning routine.

Later he exited the bathroom dressed and groomed ready for the day. He smelled the coffee and headed for the kitchen. He found Mabel dancing to her Christmas music on her phone. She was dancing with her back to him. Every so often she would turn and take a swig of her coffee. Mabel was wearing a red Christmas dress with white fluffy trim on the collar and the hem of the dress. It also had a brass buckled black belt about her mid-drift. The dress made her looked like Mrs. Cluase especially considering she paired it with a red Santa hat and Candy cane red leggings. Dipper smilled at her Christmas spirit. Pacifica was watching her in amusement. Pacifica wore a long red sweater dress that had a large collar and draped down just below her thighs. She paired it with black velvet over the knee boots. Her blonde hair shone like the sun in contrast with the bright holly red sweater. She saw Dipper approaching, but he signaled her to remain silent with a single finger to his lips. Employing a bit of stealth Dipper snuck up on Mabel. He abruptly grabbed her waist with both hands. She screamed and Dipper quickly put his hand over her mouth. "Jesus Mabel, you'll wake the whole house!" her heartbeat was racing as he let go of her." Mabel narrowed her eyes at him. Then a sly grin of playful malice crept across her face.

"Pacifica," Mabel said in a tone that gave Dipper a shiver. "Did I ever tell you about the time Wendy and her friends went camping with us and we went swimming in the lake? Dipper tried to make a grab for her but she dove around the table now smirking. Her eyes were wild with amusement. Dipper tried to chase her but she was just as fast circling the table the opposite way as she fled him. "Well, you see Wendy had this cute little green bikini top and bottom." Dipper now doubled his efforts to catch her while Mabel giggled mirthfully. Dipper dove over the table and lept for her while she shrieked yet again. Dipper caught her and put a hand over her mouth.

"She's lost it..." he said panting for breath while Mabel panted through her nose as she struggled. Her eyes looked at Pacifica wildly while she tried to talk through Dipper's hand unsuccessfully. "You know all that chocolate and caffeine...she's probably lost her mind." Mabel shook as she sneezed. Dipper looked at his hand in disgust while Mabel made a dash for it. "And Dipper couldn't keep his eyes off her!" she said triumphantly while Dipper scowled. Pacifica meanwhile raised an eyebrow. "You have a thing for the redhead?" She said her tone flat. Dipper now put his hands up. "Had, past tense. This was summers ago!" he finished with a snipe of a glare at the giggling cheerful brunette.

Pacifica walked up to Dipper her eyes giving away nothing while Dipper sweat bullets. She was really good at that. He had no idea what was on her mind and thus it made his wait all the more terrible. Without feedback, he couldn't make better decisions as to what to say next. "She was my summer crush when I was younger. We talked about it when I was younger and were just friends. I don't think of her that way anymore. This was two summers ago when she and her logging friends came over. I still didn't think of her that way that summer. But I had never seen her in a bikini before and well..." Dipper's face was red as a beat now while Mabel grinned in ecstatic amusement. Pacifica placed her hands on her hips looking up at him her eyes narrowing. "Just remember," she said softly. "My ancestors burned traitors at the stake." Dipper gulped. Pacifica sauntered towards the coffee pot with her coffee mug. She smirked over her shoulder. "Bear that in mind," she said softly as she raising her eyebrows with a smile before turning forward and flaring her hips. Dipper breathed out rapidly through pursed lips not sure exactly what had just happened. Mabel was doubled over on the floor in fits of laughter now.