Chapter Three: Missing Piece

He looks at me with a befuddled expression and I instantly feel my face grow red hot. I avert my gaze anywhere but his face.

I hear him lightly chuckle and he shifts towards me, again directly in front of me. I feel his fingers under my chin before they pull my eyes to meet his oceanic ones once more. "The day I tire of kissing you will be the day that my soul is completely devoid of emotion" he says before he closes the very small gap that was between us.

This moment felt like heaven and I never wanted it to end.

To feel wanted, to feel loved, to never have to worry about how I look or how I dress - that is always what I yearned for. Now that it's right in my face, I'm not sure how to handle it but I seem to be doing all right.

The kiss ends due to lack of air and he stands there, staring into my green orbs. He smiles before retracting his hand from my chin and he caresses my cheek with it.

The next morning, my eyes painfully open to the sight of the sun blazing through the uncovered window. I groan as I turn my face away and rub the blindness from my eyes.

"Sleep well, my love?" His voice comes from across the room and I look towards it.

"Yes I did" I smile as I get up from the mattress on the floor.

"I should probably head back to my town..." I say as I look down at my shoes.

"Oh...I suppose you should. You have a family I would assume..." I could hear the sadness laced in his words.

"Alexander, don't sound so sad please...try to understand where I'm coming from. I promise I'll be back to see you..."

"How long will you stay next time?" He asks immediately.

"I-I'm not sure. I go to school in my town but summer is coming up soon..." I bite my lip.

"I see. Well darling, I had better see you off" he says and approaches me, his hand extended towards me.

I graciously take it and he helps me from the floor. We walk out of the building and I lead him to my car. 

"Don't forget me, Alice. I beg you"

"You lost me once Alexander. I swear to you it won't happen again" I smile as I place a hand on his cheek.

He smiles and kisses my cheek before opening my car door and helping me in.

"I love you, Alice. Never forget that" he says.

My heart pangs against my chest again and I clutch the area again. He kneels down quickly and places a hand on my back. "Darling?" He asks worriedly. I shake my head, dismissing his worry.

"I'm all right, um...I'll see you next time. Hopefully I'm not away for too long" I say.

He nods and stands before kissing my forehead.

I start my car and leave, the ghost town of Arrensport behind me.

It took me about four hours to get back into town and I pull into the driveway of my parent's house. I bite my lip as I grab my things and head inside.

My father is sitting in his recliner and my mother is in the kitchen washing dishes.

"Alisticia" I hear my father's voice as I try to go upstairs to my room.

"Y-yes?" I ask.

"Come here" he says.

I approach him and sit on the couch next to his recliner. "Before you yell, I can explain..."