Chapter Six: Falling Into Place

I nod my head, unsure of my own readiness but this has to be done. He takes my hand as we walk to the door and intertwines our fingers together. My heart races the closer we get to the door and once it's right in front of us - anxiety rears it's ugly head. Alexander rubs his thumb on the back of my hand as we stand there, just staring at the door.

"Could you knock?" I look up at him, he wasn't significantly taller than I was but he was taller.

A smile tugs at the edges of his lips before he reaches over and knocks with his free hand. We wait for a while before a shadow appears in the semi-transparent glass on the door. It slowly creaks open to reveal my father. Once I see the small bit of his face, I want to run again and leave. Alexander's being here makes me stay.

Once the door was open, Father stands there - looking sullen. I look down at my sneakers as I twist the tip of my foot into the concrete. "Come in, both of you" his voice is strained and soft. We oblige him and he leads us to the family room again. This time Alexander and I are on the loveseat and my parents are standing in front of us.

"Alice, what you said earlier - it's true?" My mother finally speaks.

I look at them, "I promise you it is" I say with the utmost sincerity.

My father then approaches us. I tense up once he starts extending his hand towards Alexander but he just stands there with it outstretched. "Young man, please take care of my daughter" he pleads to him. Alexander smiles softly and shakes my father's hand. "I'll make the same promise to you that I did 200 years ago, sir: your daughter is my world and you have my word that she shall not come into harms way" he promises. My father smiles a genuine smile before my mother approaches us.

"How did she die? And how have you lived so long?" Mother asks.

Alexander looks down, the memory clearly painful for him and the question awkward. "I feared that question once again" he chuckles softly.

"You're not human..." Father sighs.

"You'd be correct sir"

"W-what are you?" Mother stutters.

"There's no sugar coating this sir and madame, I'm a demon" Mother practically faints but Father catches her. He sighs once again, "now how did she die?" He asks.

"She was killed by a demon hunter, they overran Arrensport and the town has been vacant ever since. I stayed around, unable to face the real world without her. Once I saw her again, I swore to myself that it will not happen again and I swear the same to you both" Alexander raises his hand as he makes his oath to my parents.

They look at him, obviously skeptical but they soon look at us both. "Just please be careful Alice" my father says. He goes to the door and grabs his fedora before bidding us adieu, I assume he's headed off to work judging by his attire.

My mother explains that they agreed that Alexander could stay here and so with that, I take him up to my room to show him around after leading him around the house. He smiles as he sits on my bed as I go to finish my essay for my history class.

"So I suppose this means we are back together" he speaks up after a long moment of silence.

"It does..." I could feel my cheeks heating up quickly.

I'm soon spun around in my swivel chair, only to be met by his deep blue orbs. I melt into his hand as he caresses my cheek softly, "you're so captivating" he mutters softly. I feel like I was putting tomatoes to shame now with how hot my face felt. I slowly stand up, his gaze unwavering as I do so and I close the gap between us as I wrap my arms around his neck. He leans his forehead against mine as he stares into my eyes, devouring me with his gaze.

He softly brushes his lips against mine, making my mind and heart go crazy. He does it again before he starts peppering kisses on my jaw and down to my neck. He finds a sensitive spot and I gasp, he continues to plant kisses there. I tilt my head to the side to give him better access but he kisses towards my lips again. The kiss he gives me is so full of love that I hardly knew how to convey such emotion with one little action. His hands that are around my waist soon grab my hips firmly and he starts slowly backing us up towards my bed.

Panic settles in and I pull away from the kiss. He chuckles, "what did you think was happening?" He asks.

I blush deeply, "did you want to...you know...?"

He snickers at me, "your lips are intoxicating enough. I don't need to ravage your body just yet" he winks.

My body shivers at his wink and I motion for him to sit on the bed with me. I straddle his lap and he runs his fingers through my hair as I lay my head against his shoulder.

"Can I ask you something?" I speak up after a while.

"Anything" he says.

"Would you turn me again if I asked?"

"Only if you asked. I would do anything for you"

"Then please, turn me again" I look into his eyes.

It was his turn to put all tomatoes to shame. I tilt my head at him, "that happened sooner than I thought it would" he says.

"Is it a difficult process or something?"

"Not necessarily, we have to...well..." he laughs softly as he looks away towards my desk.

"We have to wha- oh..."

"I'll gladly turn you but I'm not sure you're ready for such a commitment since you just got your memories back and I've only just been accepted by your parents" he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I don't want to lose my memories of you again..." I look down at the bed.

"Are you certain? It's quite a lifetime commitment" he says.

"Obviously, yes I'm sure. We can't lose each other again" I softly touch his cheek.

A knock comes to my bedroom door and I get off of Alexander's lap. "Come in" I say and my mother walks in, her purse on her shoulder. "I'm going to the store. Call me if you two need anything" she says. We nod and she closes the door.

Alexander kisses me sweetly before he caresses my cheek, "the initial bite will sting" he warns.

"I need this, we need this" I tell him.

He nods as he kisses me again, this time a little rougher than he ever has. It makes me moan softly and he pulls me back into his lap. "Where do you want me to bite you?" He asks against my lips.

"Where you did the last time this happened" I say. He nods before devouring my lips once more in a hungry kiss. I moan against his lips and he changes our position to where he's on top of me. His knee rests between my legs as his hands fumble with my shirt which is tucked into my skirt.

Once it's off, he unclips my bra - exposing my chest and my birthmark just under my left breast. He gently rubs his hand from my jawline, down my cleavage and he traces circles on my stomach before groping my chest softly. I moan once again as he toys with my chest before he kisses the bare skin under it.

I feel a sharp pain where he was just planting kisses and I hiss at the pain as it begins stinging. It slowly becomes more intense the more he bites and I hit my fists against the soft mattress. He soon pulls away and amidst the pain, I feel a warm liquid dribble down my side.

Our love making session continues and the stinging pain had gone away before he entered me. After it was over, I was worn out to the point that I didn't even notice he he cut open his wrist until the stinging pain returns and I whimper as he presses his wrist against the bite wound. Once he's done, he licks the wound and the pain begins fading once again.

He lays next to me on the bed, naked and pulls me into his arms under the covers. "There you go, tomorrow morning you'll wake up a demon" he says. I tilt my head up to kiss him softly, "thank you" I smile.

He brushes my hair from my sweaty forehead, "as I said, anything for you my love" and he kisses me again before we doze off in my bed.