Chapter Two: Confusion and Pain

He motions for me to sit on a chair in the corner of the room and I shake my head.

"I'm fine just standing" I say.

He frowns and lights a candle with a match and he comes close to me again, the flame illuminating his handsome face. I study him a little more.

His raven hair hangs in his eyes slightly and his eyes hold a vast sea of emotions in them. His jaw is taut and his shoulders are slim but form well to his slender body. My eyes flick back up to his face and they focus on his lips.

They're plump and a light pink. They add a nice color to his snowy face.

I find myself instinctively reaching out to touch his face but I stop myself once I realize what I'm doing.

"I-I'm sorry, that was weird"

"You seem nervous" he says, disappointment in his voice.

"I-um-I..." I can't manage to get the words out.

He just chuckles at my stammering and brushes a soft thumb against my bottom lip. "I've seen this day only in dreams...to think you're here with me now..." he sounded truly happy.

"Could you...tell me your name?" I ask.

"Rosenflame, Alexander Rosenflame. Single heir to the Rosenflame family estate" he bows to me and kisses the top of my hand.

"O-kay? Um...so...what's your fascination with me?" I bite my lip.

He backs away from me a little to place his hands on either side of my face after setting down the candle. "You were taken from me all those years ago, the gods are cruel to make you not remember me"

"Gods? Remember you? Not to be crass but I have no recollection of ever knowing you..."

He sighs, defeated as he backs away fully. He picks up the candle and goes to sit in the corner chair. He sets the candle on the table beside it and he pats the ottoman in front of him.

I bite my lip and walk towards where he patted. I sit down and brush my pants off a little from the dust in the air.

"Alice..."

"How do you know my name?"

"That was your name long ago, I see destiny has made its rounds"

"What's going on here? I'm all so confused..."

"Care to listen to a tale?" He asks.

I nod, maybe I can get some information here.

"Some odd 200 years ago, there lived a young couple-"

"Wait 200 years?! How old are you?"

"In due time darling, in due time. Anyway, the couple was happy and due to be wed in three weeks. That's when they came..." he looks off into the distance and my eyes follow his gaze to the wall opposite of us.

There hung a robe and a sword next to it.

"...the townspeople panicked at the sight of the hunters and ran to safety - or so they thought. They ran into the dining hall of the town and soon it was set ablaze by holy fire. Their screams echoed throughout the town..."

"Holy fire?"

He nods and continues.

"...the couple fled into the nearby forest but they were soon confronted by the lead hunter. Upon questioning of his motives, he simply laughed and said "your rule over this town has gone on for long enough you foul creature" and he charged at the groom. A scream of terror erupted from his bride to be and the sound of ripping flesh rang in his ears as blood splattered on to his face. He could hear her skin sizzling as the holy water burned her being. He screamed her name as the blade is ripped from her flesh, causing her to fall. He watches the man walk away as his bride to be dies in his arms. He would never forget that day, the day his world ended and his suffering began"