Rojo Rios

Rojo Rios is a bar in Wyoming. It's usually crossed by hunters and cowboys, and the once in a blue moon tourist who saw that it was a historical spot on one of the hotel pamphlets. I lived there when there was nothing to hunt. my stays never lasted long there's always some vengeful spirit. haunted object, or witch. But this time i couldn't find a thing. I just sat at the bar reading things on my computer.

"Nothing Indie?" Mary asked me. Mary was a hunter, I say was cause she quit after her girlfriend died on a hunt. Mary took over the red river as the owner Jeffrey got sick and died.
"No I mean I found two cases between two different family where the same vase is in the crime scene pics but i means ones a murder suicide and the other they died because of carbon monoxide poisoning. ghost don't change like that.
"yeah kid that's not a ghost." Mary said refilling my drink.
"I just don't wanna be sitting here on my birthday id rather be out on a hunt." I said sighing noticing the music. "Marry i've been siting her for two hours and this is the 11th Whiskey Sister song you've played.

"You didn't hear?" She looked at my confused. "The guitar player uh Trevor or Tristan was murdered."
I raised my eyebrows and looked at her shocked.

"Yeah he was beaten to death, no signs of breaking and entering." that sounds like something to me. I looked up the case and then found the link.

"Mary look, Trevor Oregon had just gotten this guitar from the Ricky Rotten estate, he was found dead a month earlier murdered in the same fashion. Ricky got the guitar from the wife of jackson jones after he died in the same fashion. Who won it in the rock and roll forever auction where it sat in storages for 34 years after being the weapon used in the murder of the original owner Jorge Jaguar.

"I remember when jaguar died. the guy who did it was some random drug head who went to rob him and apparently jaguar woke up and things went bad." Mary recalled.

"Seems like jaguar doesn't like someone else playing the blues on his guitar."

I took a beer and my computer and went to go do more research in my room. I found that the guitar was going to be auctioned from the Trevor Oregon Estate from his home in Albuquerque New Mexico. I closed my computer and went over to the locked chest I had full of cash, credit cards and jewelry. I counted 2100 in cash and grabbed two of my credit cards are I had made. The auction is as two days from now so i'd better head out tomorrow morning. I laid down wanting to get as much sleep as I could before I head out tomorrow. It would take 8hrs from Arizona to New Mexico.

I closed my eyes and feel asleep for maybe 20 minutes I heard the door click so I slowly reached my hand up to my headboard and pulled the knife out of my mattress. I felt a weight settle into the bed. I jumped up turning the light on and in the same motion held the knife to the persons throat.

"Woah there peaches calm down."

"Fuck off alex," I said not lowering my knife.

"You can lower that it's just me indie."

"I don't know maybe it isn't, you haven't the same person since you had sex with some whore in my bed." I got closer holding the knife against his throat. He looked over to see the engagement ring he gave me 9 months ago. "Tried to pawn it wasn't worth shit." That was a lie I just couldn't do it, it was the last piece of us we had.

"Indiana i'm sorry ok it was a mistake." Alex said moving back me moving towards him to keep the knife on him.

"Alex I want you to leave." I choked on my words.

"Babe," He went to grab my hand and I nicked him with the blade as I pulled my hand back. He got up and left slammed the door behind him. I counted to one hundred waiting for him to be gone. I walked out the room and straight to mary.

"Why didn't you just tell him I was on a hunt."

"I did sweetie, he just knows when you're around."