CHAPTER 9

It had been far too long since Vanity had had that dream, and she had always despised the idea of releasing all the crazy things she had gone through before she turned into a vampire. It was as if her life had been cursed in some way.

Her life was turned upside down when she discovered she was a clone and not even a human being. To think she was created from that girl's DNA, raised in a laboratory, brainwashed for six years, and then discarded when that girl was awake. Her life was truly dreadful.

When she fell off the cliff, she thought she was finally going to be released, but that was only the beginning.

As someone who knew herself when it came to these horrible dreams, she was certain that she had not only fed on someone, but that person was certainly dead as a result of the way she had sucked all that blood.

Her husband was the only person she was with all night; did she expose herself to him? She was so depressed that she wished her hallucinations were the only thing she was experiencing. Fearful of what she might have done, Vanity set out to find her husband.

She had a faint smile on her face by the time she found him. She was worried because she had no idea what was going to happen to her. When she listened to his heartbeat, however, she found no abnormalities.

He was calm and didn't seem to be afraid of her, which put her at ease.

"What's wrong with you? You don't look so good." Chandler asked her as soon as she walked into his study and stood right in front of him.

To be honest, she had no idea what to say in response to his question. She hoped fervently that he was unaware of her darkest secret. She didn't want him to leave her, especially since she had found solace and peace with him.

"I guess I'm just a little nervous. "You weren't next to me when I woke up," she said shyly, her face flushing as she realized what she had just said aloud.

Chandler was in a good mood; how could he not understand his little wife's concerns? He just wanted to show her how much he adored and loved her because she was so adorable.

"Come here!" he motioned for her, and she trotted over to where he was sitting.

Vanity blushed again as she was scooped into her husband's embrace. Her man was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Every night, he threw her around and pressed her down. It was a good thing she didn't have to work because she would have been in a lot of pain.

"I needed to get some work done this morning. Let's spend the day together after that," Chandler suggested, and she raised her eyebrows at him.

What was he thinking and planning? She didn't hear any remorse or repulsive feelings from him, so she knew she was safe. Even if he was aware of what she was, he did not push her away, which made her happy and confused.

"Why don't you go on a date with your dear husband?"

Vanity noticed her husband sulking like a child and found it so amusing that she laughed for the first time that day.

When he saw her relaxed, he felt better. He decided to just go along with it because she wanted to keep her secret hidden. He wanted to be with her willingly; he didn't want to see her go because she was afraid of what people would say if they discovered her secret.

Vanity smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek, saying, "I'd love to go on a date."

How could he not take advantage of her agreement? He decided to christen this place once and for all because they had never made love in his study.

For a long time, the wolf pounced on Vanity and devoured her. She cried and begged, but he didn't listen and continued until she passed out.

Chandler cleaned up his wife and brought her back to bed. He looked at her sleeping face and hoped she had a good night's sleep this time. He'll be ready to take her out for some fun by the time she wakes up.