Chapter One

*BANG! BANG! BANG!* guns started to fire.

"I told you, I loved you. I learned your language, and I even said it in your language, so you would take me seriously! But, now I see it was all just a joke to you!" I screamed at him. "I'm just some object to everyone... including you!" I yelled.

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

Gun shots were firing into the apartment, I knew it was just the beginning. I knew there was more to come, and my heart was breaking. "Might as well just let them kill me, or take me... it's not like you really care." I said as I was trying to dodge the bullets that were now coming in like rain. Fuck this shit I'm done, I thought as I stood up and was about to walk out.

In a blink of an eye, I was covered by a warm body, "you stubborn woman!" He yelled in my ear as he picked me up and then dragged me to the safe room. "Why save me? Apparently, I'm nothing to you! Everyone else wants you dead because of me and wants me for some weird reason no one will tell me." I yell at him again.

"Shut up, you know as well as I. If things continue like this, one of us will get hurt. Or worse." He said softly.

"It's far too late for that now, isn't it?" I started with tears starting to gather in my eyes. I pushed away from him and put up my barrier. "I was NEVER supposed to fall in love! But I did! It's all my fault for listening to my heart. I'm the one that needs to disappear now." I said.

"What are you doing!? NO! YOU CAN'T LEAVE!" He yelled frantically.

I closed my eyes and felt my tears fall. I waved my hands and chanted a spell I was taught at a very young age. "Dont.... don't look for me, I'm going to disappear now...." I whispered to him.

"Dont! I'll say it if that will make you stay with me!" He yelled, trying to get me to stay. I knew he was just saying those words because they felt empty.

I closed my eyes again when I said "Its too late. You made your choice already. I'm not the one you want. Just the one that got hurt from your rejection. σε αγαπώ για πάντα" *I love you forever* I whispered  the last part.

As I was disappearing, I heard him whisper something, but I couldn't make it out. I just looked up and smiled as a few more tears left my eyes. I wanted to see him one last time, "I'll find you! You are mine now! As much as I'm yours!" He yelled.

I just shook my head and disappeared completely.

When I opened my eyes again, I was still in my bed. In the same old cabin I'd been in since that day almost 3 years ago. The cabin was built by my parents, and the land was enchanted.  Anyone who came close would go around. It gave them a feeling of needing to go another way. Even if they did get close, they could never pass the barrier. There was only one person could, and that would be my other half. I shook my head to try and rid my mind of those thoughts. I know he will never come, and he will never find me.

I remembered when I turned 20, my familiar came to me. It was raining so hard that night, it was as if a cover for him. When I saw him, I thought his kind were all killed, but I guess a few lived. Jojo was a red and black animal shifter. He could shift into any animal or mythical creature he wanted. I loved him as much as he loved me and loved how he trusted no one.

My parents thought me all they could before they were killed trying to protect me. They also told me I was the last of our kind. A true immortal hybrid, I was part witch and part angel. Once I turned 21, the moon goddess would grant me my full magic, and my wings would come to me. I would stop aging, and my magic would only grow stronger.

I turn 21 in 3 days.