A Place for Us

Haven has been feeling new now

            Haven has been feeling new now. She had changed, changed for good. One day she was playing truth and dare with her friends and she took dare and her friends dared her to change her hair colour. She always wanted to have blonde hair, so she got it. She, as always, looked beautiful. Maisie was stuck with Fairy Godmother for some work. Rebecca and Ryan were at Corona, at their hometown to meet their family. And Gus was with Ben, discussing about their future plans. So that lead Haven to be alone, so she decided to spend her time with Mal and the rest. 

               She was sitting with Evie, gossiping about different princes and the dresses. But Haven was only speaking about one particular prince. Augustus. Only his name gave her butterflies and goosebumps. When at the first time Evie said his name, Evie saw a smile gracing on Haven's beautiful face. Evie knew at instant that she liked the handsome prince. 

              "You like him, don't you?" Evie suddenly asked. Haven looked up from the book she have been reading, Little Women, that book catched Haven's interest. 

              "Who?" Haven asked, playing dumb. Evie looked at her and gave her the look saying 'you know who.' Haven sighed and closed the book. "You're not letting it go,are you? Okay, I don't really know Eve. He's really good looking, kind, funny and caring. All the qualities I wanted in a guy. But what can I do? You and I both know that one day Mal's head gears will start and she will do what she wants to. "

             "I know, and I understand. Mal will never let this go. I really started liking Doug. He helped me so much. I really don't want leave this place. I don't know what to do?" By now both Haven and Evie were crying. Both Evie and Haven were so emotional.

             " I can't leave all this behind." Haven confessed. "I really can't. I love you guys, I love my father. Mother could care less about my feelings. But I want to be here. With Gus, Ryan, Becca, Monica, Aziz and Maisie. They are good friends. I want to go and shop with you. Be whatever I want." Evie smiled sadly.

              "Me too." Evie confessed too. Haven sighed and took deep breath.

              "So, how do you like my look?" Haven asked, pointing at the jumpsuit she was wearing, in the hope of lifting their spirits up. Evie smiled.

               "Oh, I love it!" Evie exclaimed. An idea popped in Evie's mind. "Can we
sing our song. Since we are alone?" Haven nodded, that was the song written by Haven and Evie. When they used to dream about their perfect future. 

( Italics when they are singing alone and bold when they are singing together)

Haven - 

 For all you broken renegades

 Crash into your barricades

 The future ain't no guarantee

 We're all just floating out at sea

 Evie -

'Cause we're marching to the beat

 out in the open open air

 And we're just working pieces

trying to fit somewhere

 We wander around in circles

and we talk in squares.

 But as long as we're together,

we can go anywhere.

Haven -

Yeah, there's a place for us.

 Where only we can go

Together -

So break down the door,

knock out the lights

We're gonna be just fine

'Cause there's a place for us

Yeah there's a place for us.

 Evie -

To all those kings, 

we are the lives

All those dreams now realised

The future ain't no guarantee

We're all just floating out at sea.

Haven -

'Cause we're marching to the beat

out in the open air.

And we're all just working pieces,

trying to fit somewhere

Evie -

Yeah, there's a place for us.

Haven -

Yeah, there's a place for us

Evie -

Where only we can go

Haven -

Where only we can go.

Together -

So break down the door, 

knock out the lights.

We're gonna be just fine

'Cause there's a place for us

Yeah there's a place for us

Haven - 

'Cause we're marching to the beat

out in the open air.

And we're just working pieces

trying to fit somewhere

Evie -

We wander around in circles

and we talk in squares

Together -

But as long as we're together, 

we can go anywhere

        Both girls looked at each other and smiled at each other and and intertwined both of their hands in front of them.

  'Cause there's a place for us

    Yeah, there's a place for us

 Where only we can go

So break down the door,

knock out the lights.

 We're gonna be just fine

'Cause there's a place for us

Where only we can go......

(The song used in this chapter <3)