C26: Home Sweet Home

Back to Maggie now

I started to regain my conscience and saw where I was. I couldn't believe it.

It was......my.......room?

Everything looked the same, nothing missing. The only differences however were the windows boarded up and my bed frame having two handcuffs, one for each of my hands. I tried reaching one of my hands over to the other, but it was too far apart. The door suddenly opened and I saw Donna.

"Donna! What's going on, help me out of this"

Donna sighed as a tear fell down. "I'm sorry miss, but I can't"

"Why not?"

"Because she doesn't have that option". A familiar figure came into sight.

"Eugene?"

"Hey sweetie"

"W-why did you bring me back?"

"Isn't it obvious, I just missed you that's all"

"Liar. If you loved me then why am I handcuffed?"

His expression changed from a fake smile to a serious face. "Because you need to learn a lesson. You think you can run away from me?"

"Yeah, kinda. I mean I was gone for like 2 months-"

"BE QUIET! I don't care. What matters now is that you're home and I can continue my plan"

"Plan?"

He started to laugh. "It's your lucky day, princess. You get to meet your prince charming"

"No. No, you don't mean-"

"You're getting married"

"You can't make me get married to someone I don't love!"

"It's pretty easy actually, I mean, did you really think your mother even liked me?", he laughed, "we were only together for her kingdom. I held her parents at gunpoint the engagement party. If only you saw her face"

"I'm not getting married", I said sternly.

"It's better than the original plan"

"Which was"

"Oh, just the news discovering that you ran away from home and when you did an evil gang killed you. How inconvenient that it was before the heir ceremony"

At this point I was furious. I tried all my strength to get out. "Don't bother doing that", Eugene said, "You'll just exhaust yourself. Actually, keep doing that. The quieter you are the better. I have to go. Donna, watch over her and don't even think about helping her escape again. You know what will happen" And then he left.

"Why? Why is this happening?"

"I'm sorry", Donna said. "He didn't say it, but it's tomorrow at 11"

"Please", I begged her, "please help me" More tears started to escape out of Donna as she bent down next to me. "I wish I could, but I can't." She then showed me her arms which were full of bruises and cuts. "That's not even all of it. He found out I helped you and forced me to tell him where you were. I kept my mouth shut but he didn't like that idea."

I started to cry after hearing her story. "I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I didn't bring you into it"

"Don't say that. I'm so happy that you were able to escape. Other kingdoms started to get curious as to why you weren't showing up at meetings and why there was no news about you. They started getting mad at Eugene and demanded an explanation. If you were gone for another month the kingdom would be in ruins and your father would no longer be in power"

"But now here I am."

"Well, I'll make sure to be with you forever and make sure that you are safe"

"Back to you. I just wish there was something I could do." I sighed. "I miss them"

"Miss, who?"

"NCT"