Chapter Four

ELENAS SAT WITH HER BACK AGAINST The wall and the teenagers stood waiting for Deena

ELENAS SAT WITH HER BACK AGAINST The wall and the teenagers stood waiting for Deena. "I would've never gone to that party if I knew that I'd be here right now" Elena sighed. "What's that supposed to mean" Simon placed his hands on his hands as he stared down at his friend. "I just got drunk and now I'm here in a hospital in the middle of the night, starving might I add" She scoffed.

"Yo, si-money, cash me" Kate stuck her hand out. "Don't look at me, dude. I'm broke" Simon shrugged showing the group his pockets. "Geez, Si. All that time working and you're still broke" Elena snorted. "You got any change?" Kate's eyes shifted over to Josh.

The pudgy boy looked around not knowing she was talking to him. He stuttered a bit as he stared at the pretty cheerleader. "Let me check" He spoke in a quiet voice. "No...but-uh here" He mumbled walking over to the machine and punching in a code causing all the candy to fall. "Holy shit" Elena crawled on her knees to the machine.

Standing up she snatched a candy bar from Simon. "Thank you" She smiled taking a bite out of it. "Really, El?" He groaned grabbing another one. "Where'd you learn how to do this?" Kate asked. "Oh, a lot of people trade hacks online" Josh shrugged. "Well, you're super fucking cool for this" Elena spoke with her mouth full. "Close your mouth" Kate shivered in disgust. 

"So...um, when did you get into the fruit business" Josh smiled a little bit. "What?" Kate stared at the boy in confusion. "I'm..the- the uh drugs" Josh cleared his throat. "Oh, that's just temporary. Saving up to get out of here" Kate nodded. "Take me with you" Josh muttered. "Nice one" Elena choked slightly.

The group jumped as they heard screaming and Deena and Sam ran past them. "RUN" Deena screamed. "Did they get back together?" Simon turned towards Elena. Elena screamed as the guy in a skull mask ran past them. Simon gripped Elena's arm and then booked it down the hallway.

The kids made it to the front and to Elena's surprise she did not break her ankle. "Where are the keys? Do you have keys?" Simon asked in a panic. "No!" Elena shook shook her head. "Where...where are the keys" Simon breathed out. "Guys, come on. The ambulance" Kate pushed her friends toward the ambulance

Kate started the big truck and quickly pulled it to the front of the building where Deena and Sam were both fighting the skull-masked man. "Guys, come on!" Elena shouted opening the back door. "Hurry up!"

Sam bit down on the man's arm causing him to let go. Both girls jumped into the van and the door was shut causing Kate to start driving towards the police station.

Sam and Deena went inside to report the incident while the rest of the group stayed outside. "We should not be this close to the police station in a stolen ambulance" Simons's hands were wild as he spoke. "Well, that's the whole point! We're hiding in plain sight, dingus" Elena smacked the back of Simons's head.

"Yeah, just like Bundy" Josh was fidgeting with his fingers. The group gave him a 'what the fuck' look as he said something. "Ted Bundy when he was stalking his victims, I mean" Josh cut himself off. "Okay, didn't he get caught?" Kate asked in a 'duh' tone of voice. "Well, no...well, yeah... but" Josh was trying to find his words.

"Figure this out, I'm gonna take a leak" Simon rubbed his head walking away. Elena frowned watching him until he disappeared around the corner. "Why don't you just tell him?" Kate sighed. "Tell him what?" Elena frowned. "It's so obvious that you are in love with him. You're both just clueless" She shook her head.

"I am not!" Elena denied it. "You totally are, so next chance you get you should get your man" Kate smiled. Elena just sighed pressing her back against the wall. Maybe she should tell him how she feels but then again she didn't want to ruin her friendship.