Chapter Thirteen

ELENA HELD HER HEAD AS SHE Developed a headache from the constant yelling coming from the bathroom

ELENA HELD HER HEAD AS SHE Developed a headache from the constant yelling coming from the bathroom. "Ya know, I actually suggested we kill Sam" Elena frowned. "Really?" Ziggy ears perked up. "Yeah, we just tried to blow them up and like the Terminator they came back only without a scratch and we were just going to sacrifice her" She shrugged.

"Why didn't you?" Christine furrowed her eyebrows. "We saw a newspaper clipping about you, you survived after seeing the witch and we knew there was a way she could survive. So that's what we did" Elena swallowed harshly.

***

Ziggy felt almost sick at the news she'd just been told. She trusted Nick. And just like 30 years ago he broke her trust. Again. Christine dropped to her knees remembering the Nick she knew. How could someone so nice be so evil? But that's how manipulation works, right?

"This is how we save Sam. How we save Shadyside." Deena spoke. "We can't kill the devil. So...we have to kill him" Deena had a small frown etched into her face. Elena held her hand over her mouth taking in the information. She wondered if Deena was just crazy and imagined the vision she had but then again they had been chased by undead killers the night before. Anything was possible.

"We need to kill Nick Goode" Deena's voice was strong. "But I called him...I thought... I thought he could help" Christine's eyes were wide. "Shit" Elena cursed. Deena ran to get Josh and Sam as Elena got the car ready. She was impressed that the two had stolen the sheriff's car. It seemed like the more time she spent with Deena and Josh the more badass they got.

Josh said we needed someone or something so he directed his sister to someone's house. "Should be up here on the right" Josh peered out of the window. "Are we sure about this?" Christina leaned forward. Josh didn't answer but instead stared at the business card in his hands.

The cop lights flashed as they stopped in front of a house. A man stood up from his seat going to his knees. "Yo, man, I wasn't doing nothing" He spoke with his hands on his head "minding my business"

"Hey!" Josh called out the window. "Urkel?" The man squinted his eyes. "Yeah!" Josh shrugged. "Urkel?" Elena snickered. "Shut up" Josh shushed the girl. "Uh...Wanna help us kill Sheriff Goode?" Josh gave him a lopsided smile. "Let me get my coat" Martin nodded. "I like him" Elena smiled. "I knew you would" Josh played with his fingers.

***

"As the mall's lead custodial engineer, I ensure that all retail establishments come equipped with the StoreSafe 250. This is the Cadillac of store gates" Martin showed the group the gate that was pulled down in front of Ryan Torres' job.

"Now, the 250 prevents your standard smash-and-grab, graffiti, all while complying with the 70% visibility ordinance. The best part...easy to operate" Martin lifted the gate with a smile, happy to show the group how it works.

"And we can rig them for quick release?" Josh stared at his new friend. "Little grease, these things go down faster than a Sunnyvale Cheerleader" Martin smirked. "So, Deena is the target now, so the killers will go after Deena's blood just like they did with Sam and then we use that to lure them into the stores, and then..." Josh explained. "Welcome to the clink, motherfucker" Martin held the now-closed gate.

"The killers will be locked up, then it's us versus Goode" Josh nodded. "Okay, sure, awesome, but then what?" Deena shrugged. "Like, how do we take out good" Deena flapped her arms. "Are y'all serious about this?" Martin asked confused. "As serious as the Terminator was about killing Sarah Conner" Elena pressed her lips in a thin line as Martin gave her an odd look.

"Once they're down, how quickly can we get the gates back open?" Ziggy spun around slowly. "Depend but—" Deena interrupted Martin "Why would we want to do that?"

Christina clenched her jaw remembering her days at camp. She knew what she was going to do. "We'll Carrie him" Ziggy spoke. Elena smiled widely at that idea. She was ready to get revenge on the person responsible for her friend's death. She wanted nothing more than to see Nick Goode's dead body. Just laying there motionless and cold just as she was. Just as Kate and Simon were. And just like every other victim of the Goode family. Just because they didn't kill the people themselves didn't mean they weren't responsible.