Chapter 26

Kuya is in my room, helping me prepare myself for the reunion later tonight. I am already dressed up but Kuya still held me for final touches.

"Pogi naman talaga ng bunso namin... Paniguradong, center of attention ka na naman dun... Valedictorian na ng batch, sobrang pogi pa..." Kuya admired me as he takes care on folding my sleeves.

"Center of attention ka diyan, Kuya. Center of irritation kamo. Hindi ko na nga din halos natatandaan mga pangalan ng ibang mga classmates ko dun eh... Baka mapahiya lang ako."

Kuya chuckled. "Hindi naman big deal 'yun, bunso...Ako nga din eh, pero nairaos ko naman 'yung reunion namin noon... Mag- enjoy ka lang dun, bunso... Sigurado ako'ng you'll going to have a great time there..." he finished grooming my sleeves, stepped back and judges my final look.

"Hali ka nga dito, bunso." Kuya gestured for me to come closer to him. I did what he said and he embraces me in a hug.

"No matter what your choices are, I'm always right here...For you..." He said with full of heart. I could even hear his voice break.

"Sentimental ka na naman, Kuya eh. Manang- mana ka kay Mama." I can feel my eyes preparing for a fall of tears but I held it back.

"Hatid na nga kita... Baka sa MMK pa ulit mapunta 'tong usapan nating dalawa." Kuya laughs in between his words and we go to the car.

0o0

"Ingat ka dito, bunso ha. At chat ka 'pag uuwi ka na para masundo kita."

"Thank you, Kuya. Ingat ka din po pauwi. Love you, Kuya."

"Love you din, bunso. Paalam."

Kuya has already left while I started my steps to the hall where our reunion is held. I take a deep breath before I entered. When I'm finally in, the venue is definitely awe-worthy. Balloons and streamers in light blue and golden colors festooned the ceiling so aesthetically. Lights are not too bright to blind our eyes but enough to see everything in. Tables and chairs are arranged so perfectly, decorated by cloths and flowers. The music as well is sweet and lively to match up with the mood of the attendees. You can definitely say that the event is planned and prepared well and with extreme effort.

I also see a lot of familiar faces that some, I forgot the names. My former classmates go to me and lead me to our table. There I take my seat and they started a conversation.

"Wow naman... Ang cute naman talaga ng valedictorian namin... Pag-aagawan ka dito ng mga single for sure, Cleane." One of my former classmate and friend, Adriene said boldly.

I smile timidly at the admiration.

"Kaya nga eh... Perfect package na 'to... Matalino na, pogi pa... " My other former classmate, the one who sent me the email, Jia seconded.

"May girlfriend ka na ba, Cleane?" Adriene asks.

I shake my head and smiled. I can see that some gasps and are glad, showing a smile right after, while some seems to be curious.

"Wala ka pang girlfriend, Cleane? Eh boyfriend?" I forgot the name of the person who asked me, but I definitely remember that he's never been my classmate; Maybe someone from a different section.

I froze with the question. I wear a blank face, indefinite of what I should answer, and then something else caught my attention.

Group of people crowd the entrance of the hall making screams, and preparing their cellphones and cameras to take a picture at something. Or someone. The group in the table where I sit also are curious of the situation. They started to ask one another what or who it may be.

"May artista ba? Hindi yata tayo na inform na may nag imbita ng artista sa reunion party natin ahh." Asked by the same person whom I didn't know the name.

When the crowd becomes less dense, I see a very, very familiar figure.

There, in a blink of an eye, the world seemed to have stopped spinning. It's like... the only thing that I can hear is my heartbeat and my most favorite song. He glimmers in the midst of the dim lights; His head gazing at every direction, probably looking for someone. He stands out ever so perfectly over the others. His red long-sleeved polo accentuated his fair and supple complexion perfectly. The way he brushed and made his hair is no exemption to his overall beauty; making him the most beautiful creature I have ever seen.

My heart almost skipped a beat, yet pounding fast. My breath is irregular, as if I have forgotten how to. My eyes seem to sparkle, mouth trying to shut close as it wanted to agape. It seems like he has already found what he is looking for. His lips curved a smirk; His face, ethereal. I gulped as he takes every step directing towards us. Towards me?

"Hi, Cleane... My childhood love..." Gelo said softly with his most seductive smile.

It's like I've been put to a trance. Memories come rushing back to me, like a tidal wave; sudden.