Chapter 2: "Should I Tell Them?"

~July 17th 2021~

A/N: Well hiiii everyone! Surprised that I'm finally updating? Me too. Lol! XD It's been 6 years since I updated this story and I really didn't plan on working on it anymore, but you guys have really been wanting me to update so I just decided to come back to this story and give ya'll a new chapter after all of these years. <3 Because it's been so long, expect to see that my writing has changed A LOT (it's definitely improved a lot since my last update here, that's for sure. XD). I cringe so much at how bad my writing was. Yikes. >.< Anyway, I hope you like this update!

----

Thinking that it was Peter Pan who came to visit her, she eagerly looks out the window, pushing the curtains aside.

"Peter? Are you there?" She scans the area outside her window. But he's not there. She frowns.

"Camellia?" She hears the whisper again.

"Just stop!" She shouts as she puts her hands on her head in frustration. She runs and hops into her bed, pulling the blanket over her head. She peeks out and there's still no one there. "What is going on with me? Is my mind just playing tricks on me? Do I really miss Peter Pan that much? Or am I just going crazy?"

Her parents urgently rush into her room, their worried eyes darting towards Camellia. Startled by their sudden entrance, Camellia flinches and nearly falls off her bed.

"What on earth is going on in here?!" Camellia's father asks.

"What is wrong, dear? We heard you shout." Her mother says. Camellia suddenly pulls the blankets off and gets out of her bed.

"Camellia, why where you hiding under the blankets?" Her mother asks, slightly tilting her head. Camellia's eyes widen.

"Oh... I was just a little cold. That's all." She chuckles awkwardly, not wanting to tell them the truth in fear that they'd think she has lost her mind. Her parents stare at her blankly, confused.

They hear the telephone ringing in the living room and give her one last glance before leaving her room. She lets out a sigh and falls backwards onto her back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"I must be having some type of Peter Pan withdrawals or something. I should've visited him sooner."

She stands up and opens her dresser. She moves some of her neatly folded clothes to the side, revealing the pretty pastel pink pouch that was hidden underneath. She gently picks it up, her gaze becoming soft as she stares at it. It still contains the fairydust. She has kept it safe and hidden this whole time.

All of the magical memories of her adventure in Neverland a few months ago flashes through her mind. She doesn't even notice the smile forming upon her lips. She remembers when Peter Pan finally kissed her and how overjoyed it made her. She blushes, butterflies tickling her stomach. Something bothers her a bit though:

Why hasn't Peter Pan come to visit her since then?

She thought that he would've visited her at least once, but nope. She begins wondering if he even misses her, or remembers her. Does he not care about her anymore? It's worrying her. She anxiously bites her nails.

"Maybe he's just been busy taking care of the lost boys, Tinkerbell and Tiger Lily." She tries to convince herself, hoping to ease her mind.

She clutches onto her charm necklace engraved with the words 'Never grow up' that's around her neck. She looks down at it, admiring it. It warms her heart. She's never taken it off since Peter Pan put it around her neck. She sighs happily. Her heart pounds at just the thought of seeing Peter again.