Chapter 7: New Feelings

~November 2nd 2021~

A/N: Sorry for leaving ya'll on that cliffhanger for so long! Ackkk! >.< I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me! A lot has happened and I'm not gonna lie, I've been getting stuck on what to do with some parts in this story *chuckles nervously* I hope you guys are okay and again, I'm so sorry for this super late update! I missed ya'll!

----

"CAMELLIA!" Peter quickly steps into action and flies down. He catches her mid-air, only seconds away from hitting the rocks, saving her life. He slowly floats down until his feet safely land atop the mountain of rocks, carrying her bridal style.

She stares at him in disbelief for a moment, trying to comprehend what just happened. Her eyes soften, looking at him like he's a hero.

"Peter...y-you saved me."

"If you weren't so clumsy, I wouldn't have had to."

She chuckles, shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and blushing. She's always been smitten by him, but she suddenly finds him even more attractive after saving her life. Still holding her in his arms, they lock eyes and a soft smile appears on his face. His eyes lighten up. She can't help but smile back. He starts flying back up, but suddenly drops to the ground. She shrieks as she falls out of his arms, both of them falling on the rocks. One of the sharp rocks scratches her leg. She winces.

"That was weird..." Peter says as he winces and hisses from a little cut on his arm from a sharp rock.

"What even happened? Why'd you fall?"

He tries to fly again but doesn't get far at all. He falls right back down. His hands start trembling as he realizes what's going on. He quickly hides his shaky hands behind his back so Camellia won't notice.

"Oh no. I-I think..." Worried, he pauses for a moment and gulps. "I think I need more fairydust."

"Here," She hurriedly digs into her pocket, pulling out the pouch of fairydust. "Use some of this."

He grabs it from her and opens up the pouch. He sighs after looking inside.

"There's not much. I'll just have to use a pinch for now. Let's save the rest for you and your parents so you guys can fly back home out of Neverland." He carefully takes a pinch of fairydust and sprinkles it over himself.

"Camellia! Are you okay down there??" Nibs shouts, his voice echoing from the top of the mountain. She opens her mouth to answer, but Peter puts his hand over her mouth.

"Don't answer him." He says coldly, jealousy burning in his heart. "He can see us from there. He knows we're fine. Don't say anything to him."

"But I don't wanna be rude, Peter."

He shoots her an annoyed look and rolls his eyes.

"If you answer him, I'm not bringing you up with me and I'm leaving you here." He threatens.

"Okay, okay, fine. I won't. Sheesh." She can't believe how ridiculous he's being.

He hands her back the pouch of fairydust and she stuffs it in her pocket. He carries her and flies up the mountain. His bare feet land on the lush grass, standing near Nibs.

"I'm so glad you're safe! I was so worried! I thought you were gonna die!" Nibs throws himself at her in a hug, squeezing her tight. Peter steps aside and crosses his arms, his head practically fuming as he glares at him. He huffs and clenches his teeth every time Nibs touches her in even the slightest way.

"If it weren't for Peter, I wouldn't be alive right now." She smiles at Peter, her eyes sparkling. "Thank you, Peter."

"Pft." Nibs scoffs, giving him a cold stare, still angry about their fight earlier.