01: Flights and Promises

I walked to the counter to get the ticket checked when the woman asked, "Would you like to travel in 1st class?"

I looked up at her and smiled, "Is that even a question? I mean after such a long day I would surely enjoy 1st class Lola," I said as I read her name tag.

Please upgrade my tickets, pretty please. She smiled at me and said, "Congratulations then, your tickets have been upgraded to first-class!"

I squealed in excitement and took the tickets and said, "I love you girl, your the best. Have a great day ahead!"

I walked towards the entrance and while doing so I texted Brooke, my sister- 'look who just got 1st class tickets!'

I also clicked a picture of my tickets and sent it to her. She saw my text and I saw the three dots dancing- 'honey I'm going to Paris for my honeymoon, do you think that'll make me jealous? I'm happy for you anyways'

I huffed and replied- 'don't steal my thunder, Brooke!'

I was now inside the plane and I gave the air hostess my tickets and she showed me where my seat was. It was on the right side of the middle row.

I walked towards my seat and pulled the two big suitcases with me. I kept my purse, phone and tickets on my seat and proceeded to keep my suitcases up in the luggage area.

I tried to pick it up but it didn't budge. Uh oh, both of these are filled with my heels and clothes; I bet I won't be able to pick them up by myself.

I looked around the plane to see most of the seats still empty. Should I ask the air hostess for help?

While I was thinking about it I saw some people enter the plane now. I pushed my suitcase inside the small cabin I had for myself. the seat behind me was now occupied by a guy.

I was about to ask that guy to help me when I heard a voice, "do you need help with those?"

I turned to look at the guy who offered help. His seat was beside mine with only a partition between us. "Uh yes, I do actually," I said shyly.

It's weird to ask for help. I don't know why.

We were just the third seat from the front and that's why he walked all the way to the front and then back towards where I was.

Uh, I feel bad now.

He took one of the suitcases in his hands with ease and kept it in the luggage. He did the same with the other while I looked at his biceps. They flexed as he kept the suitcase up in the luggage.

Wow.

"Thank you so much for your help," I said with a smile and he nodded with a smile back. He then started walking to the front and then back to his seat.

I sat on the seat and...oh my god. It's so comfortable. There is so much space for my legs too! It was a two-hour flight and I was surely going to enjoy myself.