love you goodbye

In which Lillie and Louis broke up, but they haven't said their final goodbyes yet.

*******

*******

Lillie's day was extremely exhausting. Work drained the last ounce of energy out of her and she was grateful that she could finally crawl under the covers of her sheets, letting yet another bad day come to an end. Her days seemed to always be bad lately. Ever since her and Louis had broken up, there seemed to be no reason for her to be happy again. Everything seemed so meaningless.

Her hands fumbled for the key to her flat when she finally stood in the long hallway, a bit too hastily, causing the keys to slip out of her grip and falling to the floor. An annoyed grunt left her lips as she bent down to pick them up again. Every little thing seemed to annoy her lately, even if that was something as simple as dropping her keys.

She quickly stuck the key into the lock, turning it until she heard the little click sound and pushed open the door, closing it with her foot. Her eyes lazily scanned her flat, becoming more annoyed when she spotted the dirty dishes in the sink. Whatever, she thought, she could do them tomorrow. The dirty, white vans that homed her feet were quickly kicked off, carelessly landing in the corner behind the door.

Lillie quickly went into her bedroom, letting herself fall flat onto the bed. Her face buried between two of the fuzzy decorative pillows, spread out like a starfish. Life sucks, she thought. It really fucking sucked.

The young woman spent a good hour just laying there, not moving a single limb, but when she suddenly heard someone knock on her door, she quickly sat up straight. She didn't expect anyone, her friends were out of town on some sort of drinking trip, and her family never showed up unannounced.

Furrowing her brows, she pushed herself off the bed. Her steps were hesitant when she walked over to the door. She didn't really want to see anyone, talk to anyone. Nobody mattered anyway. They weren't him. Her palms were sweaty when they reached for the doorknob, and a lump instantly began to form in her already dry throat when her eyes met his mesmerizing blue ones. It was Louis. Her Louis.

He stood in the hallway, hands in his pockets and shifting from one foot to the other. His hair was styled messily, a few strands hanging loosely on his forehead. Eye Bags were prominent, and his face was framed by a soft stubble. His pink lips were slightly chapped, his eyes tired. Lillie let her eyes wander down, inspecting his outfit for a moment.

He was wearing a white shirt with a print on it that she couldn't quite make out because he's wearing a black zip up hoodie on top. Louis' legs were covered by the light blue fabric of his jeans, a rip on each knee. His feet in his usual, white vans. He looked good, tired but good.

Lillie parted her plump lips only to close them again. No words seemed to come out, they got stuck in her throat.

"Hi," Louis finally spoke.