judge me

In which Louis is a judge on the X-Factor and has a stressful day, but luckily his girlfriend Erin is there to help him relax.

*****

"That's 4 no's. I'm sorry," Simon said with an empathic expression on his face, not actually feeling bad for the man in front of him in the slightest.

The contestant had tears in his eyes but quickly turned away to not let them show. He was too embarrassed after being completely flamed for his performance to now cry on national tv. "Thank you anyway," he sniffled and left the stage in defeat.

His performance was awful. Not only could he not sing but his stage presence looked like it couldn't even be fixed with years of professional training.

"Fucking hell," Louis groaned and kicked his feet up on the desk. "How many more are we hearing today?"

Simon flicked through the papers on his desk, scanning the names on the paper to count how many are left "5."

Louis sighed. "Let's hope one of them can sing because if I hear one more person that sounds like a dying cat I'm actually going to lose my mind."

Robbie nodded in agreement. "No city's contestants have been this consistently bad before...like ever."

Silence fell upon them when Simon called for the next contestant.

The four of them let the woman introduce herself and remained patient even when she turned into a stuttering mess from how nervous she was.

Finally she began to sing. Or attempted to.

Someone like you by Adele had never sounded worse and Louis instantly wished he was born deaf so that he wouldn't have to endure this torture.

It was in moments like those where he wondered why he even accepted Simon's offer to come on the show as a judge in the first place.

God, he didn't even like Simon.

What was he thinking?

The following four contestants ended up being just as bad – if not worse and Louis felt himself getting more annoyed by the minute.

When the clock showed 7:30pm everyone sighed in relief, knowing it meant their day finally came to an end. They had been in the studio since 10 in the morning and it was safe to say that everyone was beyond exhausted.

Maybe if they had heard some good contestants, discovered some hidden talents, their day would have been more fun than annoying but one can only speculate.