1

Debbie looked over at her mum, they were sitting at the table, eating breakfast. She had came home and had visited her mum for a bit before she had to go back to her job and school. As she looked around, it was the same yet with new bits and pieces here in there. But the one thing was always the same was her mum being on her own. She was always curious as to why her mum never dated when she was younger or hell even now. She had once asked her aunt Franky and she just said "Ask your mum kid, that's not my place."

Which that alone surprised her, because Franky would tell her any and everything, whether she wanted to know or not. Debbie looked up when her mum moved to the coffee machine and poured herself another cup. She takes a deep breath to gather the courage to ask her mum why she never dated, she was truly curious as to why not.

"Hey mum?"

Bea looks over her shoulder towards her daughter and raises an eyebrow. "Yeah deb?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Bea turns and leans her back against the counter behind her, her hands cupping the mug infront of her as she looks to her daughter. "Sure."

Debbie sets her fork down and leans back into her chair. "Have you ever been in love?" Not the question she wanted to ask but hey same area.

Bea looked surprised at her daughter before she looked away. Memories after Memories of a blonde hair blue eyed woman rushes past in her mind and she trys to hold in the smile but knows she failed when she sees a smile on Debbie's face.

"So that's a yes? Tell me everything!" Debbie says with an excitement in her voice as she leans forward and looks to her mum.

Bea sighs but nods her head as she moves back to the table. "We meant when we were young, she was always hanging around Franky and so we saw a lot of eachother-"

"Wait you were in love with a woman?"

"Deb I'm sure I don't have to remind you, especially at your age that you can love anybody you want."

Debbie looked a bit reprimanded on that comment. "Yeah, right, sorry." Debbie says as she reaches for her glass and takes a sip.

"Anyways. It was maybe our last few years in uni when I really fell for her. She was, she was fun and smart. And she could give it just as much as she could take it from your aunt Franky."

"Really!"

"Really, those two would always go back and forth. It was actually quite amusing to watch. Anyways it was our second year and I finally gathered the courage to tell her how I felt and amazingly she felt the same. The next seven years we were in love and happy and it was amazing. Sure we had are rough moments and difficult times. But no matter what we always worked it out."

"What happened, why aren't you two still together?"

Bea sat there for a moment before she looked out the sliding glass doors that went to the back yard and she frowns a little. She never wanted her little girl to regret her existence or regret anything really and she knows once she tells her how she became to be. That her darling daughter would be sadden by the truth.

"Honey I need you to understand something okay? I need you to really listen and understand that no matter what I have always loved you and have been so grateful for you."

Debbie looked confused at her mother before she reaches a hand across the table and nods her head. "I understand that mum, I do."

"Good."

"Its not a happy story is it?" Debbie then asks.

"No honey it's not. The reason that Allie and I aren't together now is because I chose to walk away."