3

Debbie looked at her phone and then back to the building across from her. It was the right place, but now her nerves were getting the best of her. Frankys words had been circling around in her head since the other night. And though she understands Frankys concerns, I mean she really does. But at the same time all she wanted to do was give her mum a second chance at being happy again and to have that love she had all those years ago. Plus she didn't exactly tell her mum what she was doing so really if it back fires, her mum won't know.

Debbie looks both ways before she quickly runs across the street and to the building that sat just off from a coffee shop. She looks at the entrance of the building, there in a bold yet elegant font sat the words 'Sonia Steven's accounting firm' Debbie makes her way to the reception desk when she catches a glimpse of the woman she came here to see, she was talking with an older woman who was handing her files.

"How can I help you?"

"Yes hi, I'm here to see Allie Novak?"

"Do you have an appointment?" The woman asks as she types on the computer.

"Huh no, I just got into to town and I hadn't seen her in awhile and I thought to surprise her."

The woman stared at her for a minute before she looked back down at the screen. "She has a meeting in a hour. Make it quick, her office is the fourth door on the right." The woman says as she points it out to Debbie.

"Great! Thank you!" Debbie says as she quick makes her way down the hall of offices towards Allies.

When she reached the frosted glass door she grew nervous once more before she lightly knocked on the door.

"Come in?" She hears from inside the room.

She takes a deep breath before she pushed on the door and meets the woman that should have been her other mother.

"Hello? Who are you?" Allie asks as she looks up from a file and pulls off her reading glasses.

"Hi, my names Debbie and- and I know this totally out of the blue and really bizarre but we need to talk."

Allie smirks a little at the fast talking young woman. "Okay, have a seat then, let's chat." Allie says as she stands from her desk and motions to a chair. She moves and closes her office door and then turns back to the young woman.

"I'm sorry, do I know you from somewhere. You look offely familiar." Allie says as she makes her way back to her desk and takes a seat.

Debbie bite her bottom lip for a second before she pushed on.

"Huh a lot people say I look a lot like my mum."

"And who's your mum?"

".... Bea smith." Debbie says gently.

She watches as Allies eyes widen and then softly glaze over. Debbie could see the memories fly across the womans face, much like they did with her mother.

"Wait how old are you?"

"Twenty, I'll be turning twenty one in the fall."

Allie sits back hard in her chair and turns away from her desk, she laughs for a second but it was a bitter noise as she quickly wipes a tear.

"Whatever your thinking, it isn't true." Debbie quickly says to put an end to the mostly likely awful thinking the blonde had thought up.

"So she didn't cheat on me with some bloke! No offense, I'm sure your dad's a great guy." Allie says sharply.