we only see eachother at weddings and funerals

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got eight of them.

-

14 years later

"This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West Bank on Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" An armed man demanded. "Now you got me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!" He turned and saw a curly haired little girl, Allison, eyes covered in a mask. "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor." The little girl spoke with her hands folded behind her back.

"What? What did you say?" The man said confused and irritated.

The girl leaned forward with her hand cupped to her mouth as if she were telling a secret

The girl leaned forward with her hand cupped to her mouth as if she were telling a secret. "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." Her voice echoed.

The man went into some kind of daze as if he was hypnotized. He cocked his gun and aimed at his friend's foot.

"What the hell?" The friend groaned and fell as the man shot his foot and the hostages screamed.

"We just heard shots from inside the bank. It's uncertain if any hostages have been harmed in that." The news reporter exclaimed from outside the bank.

"Up there!" A civilian shouted.

"There's some movement on the roof. Possibly law enforcement."