seventeen || lunch at the diner

"You hungry?" Henry asked his sister as they drove home.
"Yeah, a little." She responded.
"Wanna stop somewhere to eat?"
"Yeah! Charlie took me to this one place. It's a diner that his mom works at. Wanna go there?"
"Sure." Henry agreed. Amber gave him the directions as he drove. They walked into the diner smiling.
"Amber?" Charlie's mom questioned, smiling as the two siblings walked through the door.
"Hi, Mrs. Conway!" Amber smiled.
"Hey, who's this?"
"My older brother, Henry."
"Hey." Henry said smiling politely.
"Hi! So are you two here for a table or takeout?" Casey questioned.
"A table." Amber said.
"Alright, you can go sit over there and a server will be with you shortly!" She said pointing to a booth.
"His mom remembers you." Henry stated as they sat down. "That probably means he talks about you a lot."
Amber knew he was just trying to annoy her with the usual. He always teased her about her and Charlie liking each other or dating or something along those lines.
"No it doesn't. It means she just has a good memory." Amber rolled her eyes at her annoyance of a brother.
Just then, the door opened. Amber wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for Casey, "Hey, Charlie and Adam!"
"Hi, mom." Charlie replied.
"Hey, Mrs. Conway." Adam said.
Amber turned and saw the two boys standing there. "Hey, Am, look who it is." Henry whispered laughing.
"Shut up, Henry!" Amber said.
"I'd rather not." Henry said, earning another eye roll from his sister.
Just then, Amber's attention was caught by someone else. "Amber? Hey, what are you doing here?" Charlie said, now standing in front of the table Amber sat at.
"We were hungry and this is a nice diner. I liked it when I came here with you." Amber smiled. Charlie just blushed and smiled. Adam then walked over, "Oh, hey, Adam." Amber said happily.
"Hey, Amber. Hey, Henry." Adam said.
Then, Henry had an idea, "You know, maybe you guys should sit with us."
Amber loved to hangout with Charlie and she also enjoyed hanging out with Henry, but hanging out with the two together seemed like torture. Henry would most likely be teasing them the whole entire time.
"Sure!" Charlie said smiling.
"Adam, why don't you sit next to me." Henry invited. Amber glared at him, annoyed. Charlie sat next to Amber.
"So, I'm really happy you guys are staying at school." Amber said, trying to start a conversation.
"Same, I don't feel like hearing her complain about how much she misses you guys." Henry said and then turned to Adam, lowering his voice but not low enough. "Especially Charlie."
Adam and Charlie both started laughing while Amber blushed and contemplated slapping sense back into her brother. Luckily she was saved from further conversation about this by a waitress coming over. "Hi, I'm gonna be your server today. Sorry for the long wait, what would you like today?"
They all ordered their food and continued talking.
"So, ready to get beat in the varsity game, Henry?" Charlie asked.
"Yeah, we'll definitely do better than you guys. Especially with Adam back on our team." Amber said.
"Am I being bullied by a bunch of freshman right now?" Henry asked jokingly.
"Yup." Adam laughed.
"Great." Henry said sarcastically.
The four soon got their food and continued talking, joking, and laughing for a while. It was fun. Amber was for once happy about how absolutely obnoxious her brother was, since he was the one who invited the two boys to sit with them. After a little over an hour, Amber and Henry had to go. Henry had plans with Scooter that night.
"Bye, Henry." Charlie said. "Bye, Amber." He looked at her, staring into her eyes as she stared back. They both smiled.
"Hellooo? Earth to love birds." Henry said waving his hand in front of the freshman's faces. Amber grabbed his hand.
"Shut up, Hen!" Amber said, trying to act like it was all a joke but she really did like Charlie. She was blushing like crazy. Adam was still sitting across from Charlie, laughing at his two friends.
"Aww." Adam teased, annoying Charlie as much as Henry normally annoyed Amber. Charlie glared at him, causing him to laugh even more.
"Anyways, uh- Bye, Char. Bye, Adam." Amber smiled sweetly and walked away as Henry waved bye.
"Bye, Amber and Henry!" Casey called out to them as they left the diner.
"Bye, Mrs. Conway! The food was great." Amber said.
"Thank you! Have a great day." Casey smiled.
"You too, Mrs. Conway!" Henry responded.
The second the door shut, Henry decided to annoy his sister. "Sorry for crashing your date with Conway."
"You over doing it with these jokes, Henry." Amber said rolling her eyes.
"Not a joke, sis." Henry teased again.
"I'm gonna kill you."
"You're such a sweet little sister."
"I know, thanks!"
The two siblings sarcastically joked, laughing on their way to the car.

---

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short but the next one will hopefully be really good and more interesting! Also does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Henry? Like I can't stand him but at the same time, he's one of my favorite people here lmao