Chapter 23: Homecoming

Saturday. School is officially finished and it's the day of the dance.

"Eeeek! I'm so excited! What time do you guys wanna come over to get ready?", Nini exclaims, propping her phone up on her desk.

"The dance starts at 6...so maybe...3?", Kourtney asks.

"Sounds good to me!", Ashlyn and Gina say. Nini smiling and nodding.

"We gotta get some good pictures!", Nini adds.

"Of course!", Gina laughs.

They continue squealing over the excitement for the dance when Nini gets a notification.

"Oh, hold on guys, Ricky's calling.", she says.

"Oooh la la.", Gina smirks.

Nini rolls her eyes and leaves the facetime call, answering Ricky's.

"Hey there!", she greets.

"Heeyy!", he smiles.

"What's up?"

"Nothing...just checking in! You excited?"

She smiles, "Oh yeah! I'm really excited! And you?"

"Very excited! I get to go with the best person after all...", he smirks.

She shakes her head, laughing at the boy.

"What time are you and the boys coming to pick us up? The girls are coming at 3 to get ready."

"Oh, I don't know...I could be there by 5:30? So we can get pictures?"

"Sounds good to me! Okay, I gotta go get some things done before the dance so...I'll see you soon!", she smiles.

The facetime call ends and Nini takes a deep breathe in before getting up to go to her closet. She laid out her dress and white heels on her bed, taking a step back and looking at it. She smiled at the sight. Tonight was going to be the best night ever.

{Later that day; 3pm}

Nini was sitting on her phone when a knock on the door sounded. She jumped up, answering the door.

"Hey guys!", she greeted.

"Hey!", her friends said.

They piled into her house and Nini led them into her bedroom. Everybody set out their things and they began getting ready.

Makeup was scattered everywhere; hair ties and bobby pins covered the floors. There was an aroma of hair spray in Nini's room. The girls were touching up and finishing their hair and makeup.

"Okay...I think I'm done.", Nini said, turning around towards her friends.

"You look beautiful! Ricky's gonna loose his breathe lookin at you.", Gina exclaimed.

Nini felt heat rise to her cheeks and a light blush showed, making her friends giggle a little.

"I'm still waiting for ya'll to date...I mean you both love each other...", Ashlyn adds, applying lip gloss.

Nini sighs, "I'm not sure...trust me I'm waiting too."

"It'll happen soon.", Kourtney assured the girl.

After some time, all of the girls finished their makeup and hair. They got into their dresses and heels then walked down to Nini's moms.

"Wow! You girls look stunning!", Carol exclaimed.

"The boys are very lucky!", Dana smiled.

They started taking some single pictures while waiting for the boys to arrive.