Ch.4

Song-Stereo Hearts by: Gym Class Heroes

It was Monday morning and I shook Dakota because when I had looked at my phone we were going to be late if we didn't hurry up. We could definitely not afford to be late or else we would all be in serious trouble. 

"Dakota!! Wake up! We are going to be late. I'm going to go get Harry and by the time I get back you all better be ready." 

"Wait what are you going to wear?" 

"sweats? Now please just hurry." 

"Okay have fun!" 

I basically ran out of her room and went to Adrian's. "Adr I need your keys so I can go pick up Harry please get ready fast we are late for school." 

He looked up at me frantically almost as if I woke him up from a deep sleep. 

"Oh shit! Not again. My keys are in my jean pockets on the floor." He said rubbing his eyes. 

"Thank you I'll be right back. Please tell the other's." 

I ran downstairs to find Skyler awake drinking coffee and felt my blood rising but I didn't have time to discuss my anger or why he didn't bother to wake anyone up considering he know's what could possibly happen if we don't make it so school on time. I glared at him and opened the front door and then almost slammed it. I was driving down the road only hoping Harry was dressed and waiting outside of his house so I decided to call him so I could give him a head start. 

"Harry if you aren't already please get dressed we are going to be late." 

"God I love it when you care." 

"I don't have time for this. Be ready." 

I hung up and tried not to go over the speed limit and felt my breath pick up and its not like any of us enjoyed school but if we wanted to make this work we needed to cooperate like he said and if he find's out that we're not following the rules we might all end up in the box again. 

I pulled into Harry's yard to find him standing on the porch with a flannel and a band t-shirt underneath with black sunglasses wearing the same pair of black skinny jeans he wore almost everyday sometimes I swore it was the only pair he owned. He walked over to the van and got in with a small smile on his face. 

"Wipe that smirk off your face I came to get you because I have to not because I enjoy being around you." 

"Whatever you say darling no need to defend yourself I know the consequences."

"I'd hope so, now buckle up I'm in a hurry." 

"Yes ma'am." He immediately put his seat belt on and pressed play on the stereo but not too loud  just in case we both had something to say we could hear each other. 

"What do you think the repercussions are going to be?" I asked. 

"Well that's if he finds out so lets just count our blessings and hope he doesn't." 

"Harry your making me nervous." 

"Aww don't worry love I get butter flies when I'm around you to." 

I shook my head at his attempt to make a joke and be funny. I knew why he was like this today because I always had my shit together and him making jokes or making a poor effort to flirt either calmed me down or distracted me but it was nothing serious and no matter how much I wanted to deny it I was very grateful for his snarky comments. I just hoped the administrator would take it easy on us if he find's out.