Chapter 17: Looming Darkness

Asriel looked up from the backyard and saw the darkness covering the sky. Tears fell from his eyes.

"This is all my fault," he said to himself, "If I was just a bit stronger like Blue... I'll never be like her. I need to fix this myself." Then, there was a knock at his door. He walked over to answer it. As he opened the door, he saw the three Colorstar Fairies standing there.

"What are you three doing here?" he asked.

"We don't mean any trouble," Yellow Star replied, "We're just here to give you emotional support."

"It was mostly Red's idea," Green Star added, "She wanted us to make you feel better."

"Are you feeling alright?" Red Star asked.

"I..." Asriel began to answer, "No. I'm not okay. The entire world might end and there's nothing I can do about it. Blue doesn't want me to help."

"I see," Red replied, "She's going to need your help though. This enemy is nothing like anything we've dealt with before."

"Before our world was corrupted, we were pop stars and would sing to everyone in the underground," Yellow explained, "But once Dead Star showed up, we had to escape and become the heroes."

"We unfortunately failed at that, so it's our fault that Dead Star escaped," Green added.

"But, we can help Blue," Red said confidently, "All of us. We just need to wait until the time is right." Asriel hugged her and then started crying.

"I miss them," he said, "I want to bring them back. I want to see Chara again."

"It's going to be okay," Red told him, "I promise."

...

Back outside, the remaining Star Fairies gathered together to discuss a plan.

"What about our X variants?" Percy asked, "Could we ask them for help?"

"X Rosie's Code Core is already taken," Blue answered, "They're gone now."

"What about Celios and Clarice?" Layla suggested, "The Goddesses of Time and Hope should still be around, right?"

"They haven't been seen in forever," Henry answered, "They must be off in the distant future exploring the world."

"It's dangerous to travel anywhere right now," Willow remarked, "Without any guardians, it would only be a matter of time before Dead Star found us." She then stood up.

"As the Goddess of Destruction, I must be the one to defeat Dead Star," she continued, "I have the power to destroy entire planets. I can defeat a fallen goddess."

"But Willow," Henry said, "Remember what happened centuries ago when we almost lost our own planet? What if that happened again?"

"Darkmoon's control is gone," Willow explained, "I'm free from those chains. Despite everything, it's still me."

"I'm coming with you," Percy said, "I know I don't want to be a hero anymore, but my power is something you need."

"We must all go," Layla said, "We must do it as Star Fairies. Dead Star may have taken our strongest three, but we're strong too."

"Our goal is to protect everyone," Blue added, "That's what we've always been about."

"Let us transform now and become the heroes this world needs!" Henry said boldly, "By the power of Super Kindness!"

"By the power of Super Integrity!" Layla shouted.

"By the power of Super Perseverance!" Percy shouted.