•Chapter-23•

Tum saath ho ya na ho kya fark hai,

Bedard thi zindagi bedard hai•

Riddhima's POV :-

"Aur kaha kaha chua hai usne tumhe, Tumhari marzi se....."

His harsh words were echoing in my ear. It felt like someone was putting hot oil in my ears... What did I even do? How could he think something like this about a girl...

His words were ringing in my ears again and again. I tried to close my ear and stop the voices but No... I could still clearly hear him....

"Kitno ka bistar garam kiya hai Riddhima?"

I took a pillow and tore it to calm myself. But No. Nothing was working. This inner turmoil wasn't ending.... Taking another pillow I tore its cover and shredded the cotton inside it. Tears started flowing down from my eyes as my mind played the vision of incident that happened just few minutes before.

I was namecalled. But my Mother? What was her fault. Why did that devil dragged my mother in between?

"Ganda khoon humesha Ganda hi rehta hai..."

How easy was it for him to say something like this? Because of me, He pointed his finger at my dead mother. Can he stoop more low? 

I took hide my face in a pillow and cried. The voices were ringing in my ear like a tinnitus... I didn't know how to stop them.

Getting up from the bed, I opened the drawer of side-table and took out my mom's photo frame from inside. Closing the drawer, I sat on the floor and rested my back against the edge of bed...

I'm sorry Maa.. Because of me, people are saying bad about you... Because of me, they are insulting you...

I spoke carassing the photo frame of my mom in which she was smiling. Her smile is so beautiful. Just like me....

'"You are just like your mother. Characterless and vicious"

His words rang in my ears once again..

I couldn't become a good daughter Maa... Your Riddhu failed today. Your Riddhu failed to bring smile on your face.... I'm sorry Maa. Please forgive me....

My Tear drops started falling on the photo frame, wetting it.

"Tumhari Maa ko khud pata nahi tha wo kiske sath soyi thi...."

This was the worst thing someone ever said to me about you Maa. I grew up listening that I'm reflection of my mother. If you were really that bad, then why people loved you so much. Why no one loves me Maa? Why I always have to crave for everyones love and attention?

My eyes grew wide when I realised what I was saying.. Everyone....Everyone loves me but Vansh.....

My cries grew louder and I started hiccuping...