Part 1; Chapter 4: Teammates and trainers.

Wyatt and Tot, after getting food, find some tall grass and decide that that would be the best place to find a fire or flying type. After walking through the grass for around 20 minutes something hit Wyatt on the back of his head.

"OW! What the-" Wyatt began to say, but was interrupted by another hit on the top of his head. Wyatt looked up and saw some sort of bird flying above him. "Is that a pokemon?" Wyatt asked himself, "Well, either way a water gun should at least stop him from pecking me." As Wyatt finished saying this Tot jumped up and shot a stream of water out of his mouth. The bird fell out of the air after being struck. Wyatt quickly caught the bird, he didn't want the bird to get hurt, he just wanted it to stop pecking him.

The bird wasn't hurt, thankfully, but it was still very annoyed. He jumped out of Wyatt's hands and started searching the tall grass for something. Wyatt looked at it closely. After inspecting the bird, Wyatt realized that it was a pidgey. Pidgeys are flying types, just what Wyatt needs to beat the grass gym.

"Hey Tot," Wyatt asked can you hand me one of the poke balls? They should be next to the Granola Bars. Totodile reached into the backpack and grabbed a poke ball, and a granola bar, and handed it to Wyatt. Wyatt had lots of practice in the past, thanks to his parents loving pokemon so much, so he knew the right angle he needed to catch the pidgey. Wyatt threw it into the grass at the pidgey, and heard a suction noise. Wyatt looked into the tall grass and saw the poke ball shake. Once, Twice, Thrice......Bing! The pidgey was caught! Wyatt jumped in celebration, shocking Tot, who was eating a granola bar and not paying attention to anything.

"Yes!" Wyatt yelled in exclamation, "The first pokemon I've ever caught! What should I name it, Tot?" In response Tot jumped out of the backpack and finished the granola bar he dropped. "OK, I'll consider that name." Wyatt said sarcastically. Wyatt thought about the poke ball. It's probably very cramped in there. I know I wouldn't like it. Wyatt thought. Wyatt pressed the button on the poke ball that releases the pokemon. Instantly, the pidgey came out and looked around. Then quickly realized what just happened and started pecking Wyatt again.

"Yep, I guess that I deserved that," Wyatt said, " I think that I figured out what your name should be. Bruce. Bruce the pidgey." Wyatt then got an idea to stop Bruce from pecking his head. He can get a helmet that can stop his head from being pecked. So Wyatt went down to the store they got food at to purchase a helmet. While there, Wyatt noticed that the grass gym leader, Judy, was talking to the electric gym leader, Colt. Wyatt knew all about gym leaders, when he was a child it was his dream to beat all 8 of the gym leaders of Zandos. Judy was the gym leader everyone started with as she had the easiest pokemon to beat of the eight. She had a Cherubi and a Skiddo, with the Skiddo being the stronger one of the two.

Colt was normally the 2nd gym leader as his pokemon were easy to beat but he was stronger than Judy. He had a Raichu and a Luxio, with Luxio being the stronger one. Wyatt was preparing to challenge Judy and get his first gym badge, that's why he caught Bruce. Wyatt decided that he would spend the rest of this day practicing for the gym, then challenge the gym the next day. It sounded like a good day and Wyatt would go to a campsite and sleep there. After thinking about this for a while Wyatt left and put the helmet on. Tot was sleeping in Wyatt's backpack and Bruce was still pecking at Wyatt's head but a lot more slowly. Wyatt decided to go ahead and set up camp and eat dinner, he'd train in the morning. Wyatt ate a hot pocket and went to bed.