Chapter 5

So uh yeah…continuing on from bad spot yesterday.

In the dimness of the room, I could still roughly make out how the person looked like. He appeared to have dark coloured hair. He wore a thin shirt that seemed extremely worn out and similarly worn out jeans. All seemed normal, except his eyes, which were crimson, they seemed to glow in the dimness, like two blood-red rubies. His eyes were on me the entire time as well, as if he was observing me.

I asked again, “what-no, who are you?” I waited nervously for a response.

“……Who are you?” The person replied, completely ignoring my question as if I had never asked it.

“You…Who answers a question with another question?!!” annoyance was bubbling inside me.

“I’ll say it this last time,” a growl emitted from his voice, “I ask, you answer. Who are you?”

I knew anymore defiance would be bad. Who knew what this guy was capable of, at the moment he seems pretty daunting. “Call me Zera.”

“Zera…” The man repeated my name, “Kyrian.”

“Huh?” It took me a moment to make sense of what he just say. Oh his name was Kyrian.

“What are you doing here?” The man asked suddenly.

I frowned and stared at him, still wary of wether I could trust him or not. I stayed silent. Suddenly, the man pulled out a sword.

“If you don’t reply, I’ll assume you’re here to take this place. Then I’ll just cut you down.” He warned and readied his sword.

“Tch, FINE I’ll talk. I was chased by these people.” I told him about joining the game and being chased by the people.

The man lowered his sword. In the darkness I could see his ruby orbs narrow with distrust. “Do what you want, but attempt anything out of place and I’ll kill you.” He gave me a dismissive wave of the sword and headed back to bed.

I stared out the still open door and just noticed how dark it was outside. Surprisingly, in this blood stained cty the stars were still as bright as ever. I gazed out at the stars and smiled, it's been a while since I've had the leisure of star gazing, however tiredness began to catch up to me and I couldn’t make any more coherent thoughts. My eyelids drooped and soon the dim place became pitch black.

That night, I dreamed. Bad dreams, ones filled with blood and sorrow. Good dreams, ones filled with colour and the scent of delicious food. They were short dreams but each dream left a lasting impression. Each dream seemed almost realistic. When at last I opened my eyes to the brightness, the sweet scent of food wafted in the air.

Still not gathering my thoughts, I groggily got up and made my way toward the smell. Huh? Why is there another person in my apartment? Then it hit me. Oh no, I completely forgot!  

Yay another chapter! I’m just writing this for fun now :D I’ve got a good plot set out. Let’s see if I’ll have enough time to get that far into the story though xD