Chapter 6

Oh my god, I just realised how horribly random chapter 4 and 5 was. Especially 5 D: I’ll get it back on track. I’ll do my best this chapter and the next chapter too!

At that point I really felt like slapping myself. I’m not even the forgetful type, but yet I forgot about the man from yesterday. He was sitting on the concrete floor of the room and munching on what seemed like soup and bread. I stared at him from a distance.

Now that I could see better, the man looks much younger than what I thought he looked like yesterday night. Early twenties perhaps? Around my age. His shirt was probably a size too small, although it hugged his slightly toned body nicely. His hair was either an extremely dark brown or a black, it was quite messy- which is not that much of a surprise considering where we are- but his eyes were definitely red in colour.

While I was still lost in thought about his eyes. He walked up towards me and looked at me, a hostile aura still floated about him, which snapped me out of my thoughts. I stared curiously into his eyes….which he took as a challenge.

“What do you want?” he asked rudely.

“Your eyes….why are they?” I trailed off.

“None of your business.” He turned away.

“Wait, where do you get food?” I asked quickly might as well get to know a few things before I begin the actual game.

“You’ll find them around the city, they have “food” engraved on the building. Unless you’re blind and you can’t see, then tough luck. Now leave this place. I’m not going to let you leech off this place any longer” He pointed to the door signalling for me to leave and then looked at me with a smug look, “well, unless you beg me, that is.”

I frowned, but chose to leave, no need to stay and longer than necessary. I began searching for the buildings with “Food” carved onto them. I’ve barely walked anywhere yet when suddenly an ambush attack came out of nowhere. I dodged just a bit late for the tip of a blade just nicked my arm. I winced in pain.

The man prepared himself for another attack, that’s when I noticed, he was the man from yesterday. I can’t believe he waited out here just to get me. He launched another attack at me and I dodged again, this time managing to avoid him completely.

We exchanged a few blows each but it was evident he had the upper hand, I silently cursed myself for not checking the weapons in the bag this morning. It’s too late now, I don’t even have the time to reach in my bag to get a random weapon.

Suddenly a flash, and the next second the man’s arm was cleanly sliced off and blood was pouring down like a fountain of blood. I shut my eyes from the horrid image and I could hear the chilling screech of terror, I cracked my eyes open slightly, another flash of silver and the scream stopped.

I opened my eyes and I realised who was the killer. Kyrian.

“Weaklings should know when to stop acting tough, instead of almost getting yourself killed. You are barely two steps from my place.” He stared at me with cold eyes as if daring me to argue.

“Why did you save me?” I asked

“Save you? Don’t misunderstand, I just can’t stand weaklings like you. Besides fighting so close to my place is bound to attract unwanted attention to my room.” With that he turned and headed back to the direction of his room.

I watched as he left. No I was certain, he definitely did come to save me, I could feel it. But why?

Please tell me if this is any good or not ;-; I think it’s getting back on track but I don’t know. Talented authors out there give me some wise words of guidance please >~< And apologies if it got a bit graphic, I’m sure it wasn’t that bad.