Fishing scales

It was finally the day me and my friends had planned to go fishing, and I was pumped! As an apprentice detective, life can get pretty stressful sometimes. But, I guess I should be thankful. I have the most amazing friends, well sometimes. Other times Maki is a handful and Kaito really needs to tone it down. But there still close to my shady heart.

We had planned this fishing trip for weeks. Rantaro's parents had taken him fishing once and taught him how to drive the boat. He had finally graduated his little boat-driving-fishing-and other stuff school with the highest grades. He had gotten a license and had all paperwork done and through.

I had everything you would imagine in my bag, or at least I could imagine. When I got on everybody said my bag was packed to small, and I didn't expect half the things they brought. We started off great! Catching small fish and medium fish occasionally. Kaede even caught a huge one! After we had some lunch we decided to check out a "haunted" coral reef with a cave on an island. The fish there were amazing, and most people any stayed away due to the so called "curse". That's hard to believe though.

After about an hour Kaito had caught something huge! We all rushed to help him as he couldn't even see the creature yet. Even with all of us it still wouldn't budge. So, we tried a different way. Amami got into the water and followed the line to the animal. He tried to pick it up but we heard him wince in pain indicating that whatever it was bit him. After a few more minutes of struggling we finally got it closer to land. That's when Maki, being the strongest, finally went to grab the catch. What she grabbed from the line shocked everyone.

"......"-Kaito
"I-is that what I think it is...?"-Kaede
"There's no way........"-Amami

But, there was way. Right in-front if us Maki held something that only danced in our childhood dreams. The creature had a long fish-like tail. With a large fin on the back. His tail and fin had a deep violet color, that matched the mysterious look in its same color eyes. It's fingers were webbed, and it had gills on its stomach. It wasn't struggling to breath, but wasn't fully comfortable. It had medium length hair, it looked purple but upon further investigation it was a dusty blue. The purple highlights and tints made it look purple. Although despite the struggle it put up, it was small. Smaller than all of us and looking at us with fierce eyes. It had its teeth bared, and boy were they sharp. Faint blood could be seen in the fangs indicating it must have just or not so long ago eaten. It's scales stopped at its stomach, and it's elbows. After it's stomach was a human boy.

"W- h- HOW?!"- Kaito
"Maybe he's a cosplayer...?"-Kaede
"No, the gills are moving I can feel them. The scales are also 100% real."-Maki
"T-this is supposed to be impossible...."-me

It wasn't impossible though. In front of us was an actual mermaid. We had caught something you only dreamed of as a child, and boy were we in for a treat.

Have this and another thing I'm planning. 😈 hehehehehhehehehehe
Have a good day/night!!! <3