Chapter Two

As you latch the front door behind you, you notice the festive harvest wreath hanging four inches from the top of your door.

Pine needles, pumpkins, golden leaves, lavender thistle, and acorns fill your vision only momentarily before you turn to walk down the driveway.

At the end of it stands Isaac, smiling with his same kind eyes as he watches you.

"So... where are we going?" you ask excitedly, joining him by his side.

"Wait and see," he laughs playfully.

As he begins to walk toward his house, you follow him, your strides aligning with his.

Approaching his driveway, he gestures to his car and smiles as he tilts his head.

"It's a little ways away but I just had to show you," he explains, obviously excited.

You nod curiously and get into his black car, the same one you had been in so many times previously to travel here or there.

Resting his hand on the back of your seat, he backs out of the driveway before beginning to drive away.

With the windows down and moonroof up, your soft h/c hair blows in and out of your face as the loud sound of passing wind fills your ears.

Isaac's phone is connected to the car radio, and his shuffled playlist leads to both of you enthusiastically (and very loudly) belting song lyrics together.

With your feet up on the dash, you feel at peace once again with the passionate wind carrying your and Isaac's singing throughout the car and out of the window.

You drive this way for awhile, laughing the duration of the way at funny little remarks he makes now and then.

The surrounding area outside your window is mostly fields and pink open skies, and you've noticed he has been following the same curved road ever since he left the house.

Before you could open your mouth to once again inquire as to the destination, he slows the car to a stop at last upon pulling off the road onto the countryside.

You can't help but laugh a little; if you were with anyone else in this situation, you may certainly be fearing for your life right about now.

You open your door and step outside, watching as the pink evening sky sets shadows on the tall grass.

It was undoubtedly a beautiful day, and you could have stared at the velvet sky, greenery, and distant mountains forever if a voice hadn't interrupted your thoughts.

"I know you love exploring, y/n," Isaac smiles, one hand resting on the hood of the car as he stands beside the closed driver's seat door.

"I passed this old, abandoned structure while driving a few days back, and thought you might like it."

You involuntarily smile in response, 'he knows me so well.'

You may not have the opportunity to do it as often as you like, but you have always loved adventuring. Throughout your friendship, Isaac has found and led you to numerous forgotten and seemingly deserted places with hidden secrets.

Turning around to see what he is referring to, you observe a large, gray stone building that is obviously worn down.

Certain parts of stone wall had fallen down, scattering bits of rock and dust along the border, and other pieces of wall are missing entirely.

In addition, a concave roof is only visible on a small portion of the building, the rest of it fully exposed to the sky.

You notice a faded monochrome checkerboard pattern on the highest remaining point of the structure, and cock your head in curiosity as you make out a barely visible letter: "F."