one

                                                                     ................

"Are you sure this is a good idea," you whispered to Sam.

"Oh come on Y/N, this is like the third time you asked this question..," said Sam clearly annoyed.

"I know, I know, I'm just nervous I guess," you said as you step at the front of the Avengers Tower taking in the enormous building in front of you. 

"Listen Y/N, you needed to go out and I brought you here, I'm sure they will love you," said Sam with a reassuring smile.

"You're right," you said, grateful to have a best friend like Sam. You and Sam had been close ever since he saved you from a man who tried to steal your bag. To Sam, it was a small thing, but to you, it meant the world. You didn't know back then that he would become one of the people you trusted most in your life.

- Flashback -

As the years passed, your friendship with Sam only grew stronger. You went through so many ups and downs together—late-night talks, endless laughter, and even a few disagreements. But no matter what, you both knew you could always count on each other.

One evening, while sitting on the swings at the park, Sam turned to you with a serious expression. "Do you ever think about what you want to do with your life?" he asked.

You hadn't expected the question, and for a moment, you were caught off guard. "I'm not sure," you replied, kicking the ground gently. "I guess I just want to find something that makes me feel alive, you know? Something that matters."

Sam nodded thoughtfully. "I get that. Sometimes, I wonder if there's more out there for us—more than just school and work."

You looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

He hesitated, then sighed. "I've been thinking a lot about helping people, like really making a difference. Remember how I helped you with that guy who tried to steal your bag? It felt... right. Like maybe that's what I'm supposed to do."

You smiled, understanding him better now. "You've always had a big heart, Sam. If anyone can make a difference, it's you."

He grinned, but there was a hint of uncertainty in his eyes. "I just don't know where to start."

"Maybe we can figure it out together," you suggested, feeling a sense of excitement build up. The idea of embarking on a new adventure with Sam felt right, like it was the beginning of something important.

- present -

"What are you smiling at?" Sam asked, snapping you out of your trance.

You shook your head with a grin. "Just thinking back to when we first became friends."