eleven

Recap:

Thor leads you through the city, pointing out various landmarks and greeting Asgardians with the ease of a beloved prince. But as you approach the palace, you feel a subtle shift in the atmosphere—a change that sends a shiver down your spine. The grand doors open, and you follow Thor inside, your senses on high alert.

You enter the main hall, its vastness almost overwhelming. And that's when you see him.

Loki.

...............

He stands at the far end of the room, dressed in his characteristic green and black, a smirk playing on his lips as he observes your approach. His presence is undeniable, a dark contrast to Thor's golden light. You've heard the stories about him—the trickster god, the one who had nearly brought Earth to its knees. But seeing him in person is different. There's an intensity in his gaze, a sharpness that seems to cut right through you.

"Loki," Thor greets him, his voice a mix of caution and warmth. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Loki's smile widens, his eyes flicking to you. "And who is this intriguing mortal you've brought to our realm, brother?"

You feel the weight of Loki's gaze as if it's a physical thing, and you resist the urge to step back. Something is disconcerting about the way he looks at you, as though he can see right through your carefully constructed defenses.

"This is Y/N," Thor replies, his tone protective. "She's here to train with us for a while."

Loki's eyes narrow slightly, his interest clearly piqued. "Is that so?" He takes a step closer, his movements smooth and deliberate. "Tell me, Y/N, what brings you to Asgard? Seeking strength? Knowledge? Or perhaps something... else?"

His words have an undercurrent that you can't quite place, but it sends a shiver down your spine. You meet his gaze, refusing to be intimidated. "I'm here to train," you say simply, keeping your voice steady. "Nothing more."

Loki's smile doesn't falter, but a gleam in his eyes hints at something more. "Of course," he says softly, his tone almost teasing. "I'm sure you'll find Asgard a... stimulating environment."

Thor clears his throat, stepping between you and Loki. "Loki," he says, his voice carrying a note of warning. "Y/N is here as my guest. Treat her with the respect she deserves."

Loki inclines his head, the picture of politeness. "But of course, brother. I would never dream of doing otherwise."

You're not sure whether to feel relieved or more on edge as Loki finally steps back, his attention shifting elsewhere. But as you move on, you can't shake the feeling that this encounter had been the first move in a game you don't fully understand.

Over the next few days, you throw yourself into training. The Asgardian warriors are fierce, their methods far more intense than anything you've experienced on Earth. You train with Sif and the Warriors Three, learning new techniques, pushing your limits, and slowly beginning to feel like you can hold your own in this alien environment.

But even as you focus on your training, you can't escape the feeling of being watched. Loki's presence lingers at the edges of your awareness, his gaze following you with an intensity that makes you uneasy. It's not just attraction—though there is certainly something magnetic about him—it's more like he's studying you, trying to figure out what makes you tick.

One afternoon, as you're practicing with Sif, Loki appears again, leaning casually against a pillar, watching with that same inscrutable expression. It's distracting, and you find yourself making mistakes you wouldn't normally make. Sif notices too, her eyes narrowing as she shoots a glance at Loki.

"Ignore him," Sif mutters under her breath, her tone sharp. "He enjoys getting under people's skin."

You nod, but it's easier said than done. Loki's presence is like a shadow, and no matter how hard you try to focus, you can't entirely shake it.

As the days go on, you begin to realize that your time in Asgard is going to be far more challenging than you had anticipated—not just physically, but emotionally as well. Between the grueling training sessions and the unsettling attention from Loki, you find yourself questioning everything. Why did you really come here? Was it just to escape your feelings for Steve, or is there something deeper driving you?

And then there's Loki—enigmatic, dangerous, and yet undeniably intriguing. The attraction between you is undeniable, but you know better than to let your guard down. Loki is a master of manipulation, and you're not about to let yourself become one of his pawns.

But despite your resolve, you can't deny the thrill that runs through you whenever your paths cross, the way your pulse quickens when he looks at you with those piercing green eyes. As much as you try to focus on your training, the slow burn of attraction and the ever-present shadow of your past make it impossible to find peace.

Asgard has become a place of both refuge and conflict, a new battleground where you'll have to confront not just your physical limits, but your deepest fears and desires as well. And with Loki watching your every move, you can't afford to let your guard down for even a moment.

................

A/n : Sorry for the short chapter yall