four

.........

[Y/N pov]

The next morning, you found yourself in a whirlwind of emotions. It wasn't just the uncertainty of the mission ahead—it was the confusion of your feelings toward Steve Rogers. The more you thought about it, the more tangled your emotions became.

In the gym earlier, you had tried to push aside the feelings that had been swirling inside you. It wasn't just admiration for Steve's skills or respect for his leadership. It was something deeper, something that made it hard to focus on the mission at hand. You had barely known him, and yet, he had managed to make a significant impact on your emotions.

You told yourself that these feelings were a distraction and that you couldn't afford to let them interfere with your role as an Avenger. Being part of this team was an incredible opportunity—one you had worked hard to achieve. You knew that allowing personal feelings to cloud your judgment could jeopardize your career and the team's effectiveness.

With a deep breath, you steeled yourself for the day's mission. You reminded yourself of your priorities as you geared up for the operation in Sokovia. The mission was critical: capturing Hydra criminals and retrieving Loki's scepter. It was a task that required focus and precision, and you were determined not to let anything get in your way.

As the team assembled, you consciously maintained a professional distance from Steve. The camaraderie you had shared before was replaced with a formal politeness that felt unnatural to you. You avoided eye contact and kept your interactions strictly business, even though it pained you to do so.

Steve's presence was a constant reminder of your internal struggle. You could see him trying to engage with you, his efforts polite and respectful. But every time he reached out, you found yourself retreating, overwhelmed by the confusion of your emotions. It wasn't that you didn't want to talk to him or work with him; it was that you knew you had to maintain boundaries to keep your focus.

During the mission, you worked efficiently with the team, your actions precise and deliberate. You did your best to ignore the way Steve's occasional glances made your heart race. Every time you caught sight of him in action—his skill, his leadership, his undeniable presence—you felt a pang of longing mixed with frustration. You were doing your best to keep things professional, but it was a constant internal battle.

As you navigated through the chaos of the mission, you tried to focus on the task at hand. Hydra's resistance was strong, and the team's coordination was crucial. You executed your duties with the same determination you had always shown, but the emotional weight of your interactions with Steve was a persistent undercurrent.

When the mission wrapped up and the team began to regroup, you felt a mixture of relief and exhaustion. The operation had been successful, but the emotional toll was evident. You had kept your distance, maintained professionalism, but it had come at a personal cost. You knew you couldn't continue like this forever.

Back at the compound, as you tried to unwind from the day's events, you found yourself grappling with a sense of dissatisfaction. The professional distance you had maintained with Steve had been necessary, but it left you feeling conflicted. You had wanted to keep your focus, to avoid letting personal feelings interfere, but the emotional strain was weighing heavily on you.

As you lay in bed that night, the weight of the day's events pressed down on you. You knew that being an Avenger was a dream come true, and you were determined not to let anything get in your way. But the feelings you had for Steve were proving to be more complex than you had anticipated.

You hoped that with time, the emotional confusion would settle, allowing you to navigate your role with clarity and purpose. For now, you resolved to keep your focus on the mission and to remain professional, even if it meant sacrificing some personal comfort. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was one you believed was necessary for your success and the team's cohesion.

The journey ahead would be challenging, both professionally and personally, but you were committed to finding a way to balance it all. You couldn't afford to let your emotions distract you, no matter how strong they might be. And as you drifted off to sleep, you hoped that clarity and peace would come with it.

.........

  A/N : Sorry for the short chapter :(