-16

9 February 2002
[part two]

****

     Hours had passed since Bucky and Natasha's private conversation. The pair sat beside each other on the couch, Peter on his father's lap, with the rest of the Avengers lounging around in front of the TV.

     Back to the Future was the movie everyone had agreed on, especially after Natasha had admitted she had never seen it. Clint, over dramatically shocked, declared that she must watch "one of the best movies in cinematic history."

     However, Natasha had not been focusing on the movie at all. Instead, all her attention was focused on the two boys to her right.

     She watched as Bucky tickled his son's tummy, a gigantic grin on his face. The assassin swore every time Peter giggled and squealed Bucky's eyes would light up brighter and his smile would widen.

     "You're really good with him," Natasha whispered. Bucky glanced at her before returning his gaze to his son. "When I found out . . . I was so scared that if I got this chance I would fuck it up," he admitted. "Well, you haven't done one thing that wasn't helpful yet."

     About an hour later the movie ended and the baby had fallen asleep in Bucky's arms. He looked over at Natasha, "Now?" She nodded her head.

With a sigh, the solider turned to the rest of the room. "We have something to confess." He removed one arm from under his son to put it on Natasha's knee. "Do inform us," Tony said, adjusting his position to get a better view of the three. The rest of the room followed suit.

"Peter is . . . our son."

A collective gasp filled the room and many jaws dropped. "You fucked?!" Sam asked. The parents grimaced at the memories. "It's . . . complicated," Natasha responded, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

     "Are you a couple?" Bruce asked, taking in all this information. "Oh, no, no. Not in the slightest," Bucky said, shaking his head. "We just have . . . history."

     Peter started to squirm. Bucky smiled at the movement and stood to go lay him in his crib Tony had had brought in.

     After he had exited the room, Natasha stood to leave as well. "Save your questions, you won't get questions," she informed the room, her stare hardening and voice intimidating. It was a wonder how such a tiny woman could intimidate the world's mightiest people; each avenger shut their mouth and nodded, some looking away from the assassin.

****

     "They took the information . . . well," she whispered as she entered her room. Bucky nodded his head in agreement, sitting on the edge of her bed, watching his son sleep. "I told them not to ask questions. It's better if we just forget about it; lock that memory in a box and throw it in the ocean." "Yeah, for now at least."

     The two ex-experiments sat in the dark room, a comfortable silence falling over them.

     At first, Natasha could only feel anger towards the man who hurt her. Now he was one of her only sources of comfort in this new country.

     She had come to understand it wasn't actually him who did it, and the man she sat with now was the sweetest, most caring person she'd ever had the chance to meet. He cared for their son. He wasn't avoiding what he did, instead he owned up.

     Not only was he a good man, he knew what hell she had been through. He knew how the Red Room worked and what it did. Bucky was the only person here who could even begin to imagine what she had gone through since she was eleven.

     She was grateful the man she sat beside came into her life; though, she wished the circumstances could have been different.

     "Thank you," she whispered, her head on his shoulder. "For what?" "For being here for us. You could have ran or avoided us, but you didn't. Instead, you're sitting here, watching our son sleep."

     "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Everything I need is right here."

****

[UNEDITED]
the black widow movie is the best marvel movie idc. with that being said, i'm not changing anything in this story to fit her canon mcu backstory. however, what about a yelena cameo?!?!? we'll see . . .
-Nat