3 - The Heroes

Out of the muggy dust of the collapsed building a sudden flash of colour came. Blue, red, black, yellow, white, green all came clambering through the side of the wall. Everyone sat in the bubble looked up. More mysterious figures? Who were they? The new arivals stood for a second, taking in everything around them. Then they broke apart as if the herd was splitting up.

They all ran in different directions, saving different people.

One of these mysterious beings held a hefty hammer which he swung around and around in circles (so fast you would be surprised it didn't take his huge, muscular arm off) and released it at falling rubble which then smashed into dust.

Someone, or something, else looked the most peculiar of them all. His skin was... green? Was he an alien? He was huge and bulky from the weight of his muscles.

Another curious character, looked to be some sort of red and gold robot, but none-the-less sounded as though it were a real person, Molly recognised the voice from somewhere but she couldn't think - with all of the crashing and screaming going on around the bubble - for the life of her where from.

Someone else held a bow arrows attached to his back. He was dressed in all black and looked rather menacing.

One of the heroes walked up to the bubble and saw the two girls, conjuring the large blue mass. She had red, straight hair cut just longer than her shoulders. she too was wearing all black but she only wielded a pistol and what must have been knives attatched to her belt. She gave the girls a nod and a quick smile and she was off saving more civilian's.

Another that caught their eye was a man who wore a blue suit with a silver star shape on the chest. It looked rather funny. He bore a large, round shield which seemed to have the colours and be decorated like the American flag. Issy recognised that shield anywhere. That was captain America! She knew who these people were!

"Molly! You will never guess who they are!" she cried above all the noise

"Who?" shouted back Molly

"They're the Avengers!"

The siblings exchanged excited looks and looked around at the scene of heroes helping the helpless people of London and elsewhere to safety. Wow! They, technically, were helping the Avengers! What the fuck?!

Out of nowhere the rubble above them, only being held up by Molly and Issy's small bubble of protection, looked as though it was giving way. Their bubble was slowly growing smaller, and every so often it flickered like a dying lightbulb. The debris fell about two feet towards the ground suddenly, as the bubble weakened in a bigger burst. Frannie gave them worried looks, she wasn't looking forward to explaining this to their mother...